- Journey through Beatlemania history and learn all about the Fab Four’s rise to fame in this award-winning Liverpool museum.
- In the heart of the very city they group up in, The Beatles Story is located in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Liverpool’s historical Royal Albert Dock.
- The Beatles Museum Liverpool features themed attractions, 1960s replicas, a ‘Living History’ audio tour plus exclusive exhibits, memorabilia and photographs of the most famous rock and roll band in the world.
- Don’t miss the interactive learning area, the Discovery Zone, for little rockers-to-be!
From their humble Liverpudlian roots, discover how four boys with funny haircuts became the most famous band in the whole world at The Beatles Story museum in Liverpool.
In a journey through British music history, The Beatles Story lets fans of the Fab Four fully immerse themselves in the band’s momentous career and delve deep into the Beatlemania that rocked the late twentieth century. Explore extensive memorabilia, special exhibitions, behind-the -scenes photos and iconic Beatles-themed attractions in this ultimate dedication to the boys who took us down Penny Lane and shook up rock music forever. This Liverpool Beatles museum features astoundingly authentic replicas of the famous Abbey Road Studios, Casbah, Mathew Street and the Cavern Club, transporting visitors right back to the ‘60s, as well as a fascinating ‘Living History’ audio guide that lets the band’s story unfold in your ears. In a wonderful new addition to the museum, the ‘Beatles In India’ exhibition lets fans glimpse the band’s time in India with exclusive photos documenting how they briefly escaped the media frenzy back home. Elsewhere, kids will love climbing aboard the Yellow Submarine and joining the band for an underwater ride, or immersing themselves in the interactive Discovery Zone featuring acoustic guitar and singing sessions.
If you’re a family of rockers, twisters and shouters, then don’t miss one of the best musical Liverpool attractions set in the historic Royal Albert Dock with The Beatles Story. For even more rock and roll fun, why not take a Liverpool Beatles tour of the city after your visit?
What to know before you go
- The museum is open daily from 10am to 4pm.
- We recommend allowing at least 1 hour and 30 minutes to explore the museum in full, but visits can take anywhere from 1 - 3 hours.
- There are two Fab4 Stores on site for Beatles gifts and souvenirs to take home with you.
- The on-site Fab4 Cafe offers snacks, drinks and light meals as well as access to free WiFi. Situated on the docks there is also Miller & Carter, Gusto Italian, Docklands Fish and Chips and many more eateries.
- Please note there are no cloakroom or storage facilities on site.
- Your complimentary audio guide is available in English, Cantonese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin, Polish, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish.
- The Beatles Story is accessible for wheelchair users, buggies and those with hearing aid loops. Lifts are available throughout, though there are some size restrictions, and guide dogs are permitted in all areas. Please contact the venue directly if you are visiting with a wheelchair.
- There are toilets and wheelchair-accessible toilets in the museum and cafe.
- The Beatles Story is located at Britannia Vaults on Liverpool's Albert Dock.
- Parking is available at the Royal Albert Dock opposite the main entrance to the museum, as well as the Echo Arena.
- The nearest train station is Liverpool James Street, a 10-minute walk to the venue. Lime Street station is also a 20-minute walk away.
- Buses C4, C5 or the City Link service the Royal Albert Dock.