- This attraction is an interactive and immersive walkthrough experience with Shrek and all his friends.
- Hitch a ride on a magical flying 4D bus with Donkey as the driver to the Kingdom of Far Far Away.
- Situated on the popular South Bank next to the River Thames, it is a short walk from London's Waterloo, Embankment, Charing Cross and Westminster Tube stations.
- If you're looking for more fun after your visit, take a walk along the South Bank. Admire the iconic landmarks of Big Ben, the London Eye and St. Paul’s Cathedral. If you’ve got time, walk across Waterloo Bridge to Covent Garden where you can enjoy watching the street performers and browse in a few shops.
Come along to Shrek's Adventure London and join in the search to find the towering green ogre with the gigantic heart. You never know who you might encounter along the way! Go on a quest with the whole family to a land far, far away and meet Shrek and all the DreamWorks friends, including Puss in Boots, Cinderella, Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, Princess Fiona and of course, the loveable Donkey.
In this magical immersive walkthrough experience, the whole family will be captivated by interactive storytelling, complete with crazy special effects and unforgettable DreamWorks animations. You'll board the magical 4D flying bus with Donkey as your driver and be part of 10 live fairy-tale themed shows. You will get to visit Shrek’s swamp and get lost in the Mirror maze. Can the mystic fortune teller in Rumpelstiltskin’s carriage shed some light on Shrek's whereabouts? Don't forget to stop by the Poison Apple Pub for a quick drink before trying to rescue Pinocchio from the Wheel of Torture, and be sure to look out for the Muffin Man too! Don’t forget to take a picture with the big green ogre if you find him and share your best snap with all your friends. Bear in mind some interactive character sessions will be closed as part of the attraction's COVID safety guidelines.
Grab your mini adventurers, gather all your fairy tale friends and have the most Shrek-tacular day out at Shrek’s Adventure! London. With special effects, animation, live performances, a game show and a whole lot of Donkey’s cheekiness, Shrek World is a lot of family fun!
What to know before you go
- Under 15s will not be admitted to Shrek’s Adventure unless accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or over. Under 3s go free.
- The experience takes 60 to 70 minutes to complete.
- The Magic Bus minimum height to ride is 0.9m so check your children’s heights before booking tickets.
- There are no toilet facilities while you are on the Magic Bus. There is a disabled access toilet by the entrance and changing facilities are available.
- Shrek's Adventure is wheelchair accessible, however it may not be possible for all guests to access the 4D Magic Bus. Upon arrival at Shrek’s Adventure please speak to a member of the team at the entrance and they will assist in your entry into the attraction.
- Buggies can be stored in the buggy storage area. You are able to leave your coats and bags here for an additional free.
- Kidadler Lea suggests not taking children that scare easily as she says it "can be quite dark and cramped in some of the rooms and the actors are up close to you."
- You will find loads of great places to eat along the South Bank, including family-friendly Wahaca, Honest Burgers and Giraffe. All offer great kids’ menus.
- Whilst there is no age limit, we recommend that the experience is more suitable for children aged 6-12 years of age. Nonetheless, adults will love Shrek’s Adventure too!
- The 4D bus is a simulation experience, so expect water sprays, air blasts, fog and aroma. It is not recommended for those who have asthma, epilepsy, motion sickness and any other chronic condition.
- The quieter time of the day to visit can usually be with the first admission or later on in the day towards the last admission. Expect the queue times to differ depending on when you visit, and can typically take anywhere from 10-35 minutes.
- Sea Life London to Shrek’s Adventure is just a minute's walk away. Combine a visit to both of London’s favourite attractions. The London Dungeon and London Eye are also situated here.
- Shrek’s Adventure opening hours are 10am to 4pm Monday and Friday, 10am to 3pm Tuesday and Wednesday, 11am to 4pm Thursday and 10am to 5pm Saturday and Sunday. Opening times are subject to change and may be extended during holiday periods. Please check opening hours before you set off.
- Waterloo station (Bakerloo, Jubilee and Northern lines and National Rail services) is an eight-minute walk from Shrek’s Adventure.
- Alternatively, Westminster Tube station (Circle, District and Jubilee lines) is four-minute walk away.
- Local buses stopping nearby include the 211, 77 and 381. The nearest bus stop is St Thomas' Hospital County Hall (Stop D).
- There is no on-site parking and parking in the area is limited. You can find parking nearby at the National Theatre starting at £2.50 for an hour if you book online in advance.