- Sandcastle Waterpark is following COVID-safety measures in response to government advice.
- Go wild in the Hyperzone and speed around five of the best water rides in the UK.
- Enjoy a relaxing tropical climate at almost 30 degrees throughout the park; perfect for that holiday feeling.
- Whether being pushed around rivers, or riding waves, enjoy plenty of water fun in any area.
- Feel like you’re on top of the world in the VIP Tiki Cabana.
Sandcastle Waterpark in Blackpool is the largest indoor waterpark in the UK, with 18 slides and eight areas, all located on the Blackpool Promenade. If you’re a fan of thrills like Chessington and Thorpe Park, or prefer to lay back and relax in the warm tropical climate, this is the waterpark for you.
If you’re seeking adventure and white knuckle rides then you’ll love the Hyperzone. You need to be 6+ to ride the majority of the rides, but some will require you to be 8+. You also need to be at least 1.2m tall for most rides, with two of them also requiring an accompanying adult if aged below 11. The Hyperzone has five incredible rides depending on what you’re looking for. Want to race your friends and family? Then enjoy the Duelling Dragons. Feel like exploring the midsts of a temple as you drop in darkness? Aztec Falls is perfect for you. Zoom around on the Montazooma as you hurtle around hairpin bends; feel like a snake on the Sidewinder, the world’s first indoor white knuckle sidewinder; and ride for 250 metres on the Masterblaster, the world’s longest indoor rollercoaster waterslide!
For less extreme waterslides, we recommend Fort Riptide, Treetops Waterchutes, and Thunderfalls. If you would rather be pushed around the flowing waters of Ushi Gushi River, have a look out for some of the watery surprises. Explore the HMS Thundersplash, with tunnels and treasure chests, slides and cannons. Maybe you want to hang out in the Carribean Storm Treehouse, and be swept away by a huge coconut of water. Or enjoy the extreme waves in the Typhoon Lagoon; listen out for the surf music to really make you feel like you're in paradise!
Want to make it an extra special day? Hire out the VIP Tiki Cabana. Enjoy your very own hot tub, a flat screen TV, fridge stocked with a selection of drinks, comfortable seating area, a safe to lock away your valuables, ceiling fans and reserved parking. You’ll even get lunch for everybody at a preselected time. If you’re planning an 18th birthday for one of your older children, you get admission to the Sea Breeze Spa with your package.
There’s something for everyone, for any occasion, at Sandcastle Waterpark.
What to know before you go
- Sandcastle Waterpark has put measures in place to protect their guests: enhanced cleaning regimes are taking place; hand sanitisation stations will be placed around; changing places are now part of a changing village for more space; increased air ventilation; a cashless waterpark; required booking in advance and perspex screens in front of staff.
- Sandcastle Waterpark opening times vary depending on the month, so always check online for the most up to date information.
- Access to the Hyperzone slides is included in your ticket but you must also meet height and age restrictions in order to ride.
- To minimise time spent changing, try to arrive beach ready, with swimming costumes already on underneath clothes.
- Guests with disabilities or additional needs should read the safety requirements for each ride prior to joining the queue for mats/tubes as different rides have different accessibility options.
- The park is accessible for all disabilities, including care for assistance dogs during time at the park, and equipment available for use.
- There are fully accessible disabled toilets located in the waterpark, mall area and changing rooms.
- For buggies, there is a pram store located outside the changing rooms. There are pram locks available for hire for extra security - the cost is £3.50 plus a £10 refundable deposit.
- Baby-changing facilities can be found in female toilets, female and family changing rooms. There are also facilities in The Mall.
- When you’ve had your fun, why not enjoy some food at one of the three catering outlets? WatersEdge Kitchen serves a variety of hot foods, from quick snacks to full meals like jacket potatoes, burgers and hot dogs. WatersEdge Snack Bar serves a range of grab-and-go options like sandwiches and salad bowls, along with hot and cold drinks. Waterfalls Café serves classic café refreshments like coffees and paninis.
- Bottle and baby food warming is available at all three food outlets.
- No outside food is allowed.
- Sandcastle Waterpark is situated directly opposite Blackpool Pleasure Beach. The postcode is FY4 1BB.
- The South Beach area of the promenade is equipped with a council pay-and-display car park. There is also Yeadon Way car park. Blue Badge holders receive three hours of free parking.
- The number 1 bus stops outside the waterpark on the opposite side of the road.
- The nearest train station is Blackpool South (18 minutes away).
- Please follow the latest government guidelines if travelling by public transport.
All images © Sandcastle Waterpark