Take a trip to the Old Vic for this behind-the-scenes tour of the 200-year-old building, and create your own theatre and set!
Not only is it a great opportunity for any drama fanatics to get a peek behind the scenes, the tour will also delve into the history of the building from 1818 to the present day, proving fascinating for the whole family.
After the tour, kids will be able to put their design skills to the test by creating their own theatre and set design. A dream day out for crafty kids and drama fans!
Kidadl in the Know
- Recommended for ages 7-11.
- Theatre Tour and Design Workshop is on 9 June from 10am–11.30am. It’s free but you must book your space in advance.
- Waterloo, Waterloo East and Southbank are all within a five-minute walk of the Old Vic.
- There is no parking on site. We recommend using public transport where possible.
- The venue is wheelchair accessible. However, the theatre is nearly 200 years old so there are a few areas where access is restricted by the building’s physical layout. If you have questions about your specific needs, call in advance to check.
- You’re spoilt for choice in the surrounding area. Wahaca (119 Waterloo Road) has an excellent kids menu and is a stone’s throw from the Old Vic, and Carluccio's is in Waterloo station if you fancy grabbing a bite as you arrive.
- Opening times and dates are subject to change – please call the venue or check the website for more details before setting off.