- From £4.88
- King’s Cross
Join poet Kate Wakeling for a spectacular family poetry workshop at Kings Place.
Kate promises to take your family on a super-sonic treasure hunt to help you find the secret music that can be heard in poetry in this interactive workshop that the whole family can get involved in.
Kids will have the chance to create poems of their own (with expert guidance!), before hearing Kate perform her award-winning poetry collection, Moon Juice, live. Be prepared to concoct your very own blend of sonic moon juice, race a comet, make a soundscape to accompany a rascally jungle cat, offer an ode to the dodo, and compose your very own pirate chant. A brilliant workshop for creative kids and their families!
Kidadl in the Know
- Recommended for ages 5-12.
- Poet in the City Presents: Super-Sonic Poetry is on 9 June at 12pm.
- The best way to get to Kings Place is via public transport. The theatre is a few minutes’ walk away from King’s Cross and St Pancras stations. Bus 390 stops right outside the venue, while buses 10, 17, 30, 45, 46, 59, 63, 73, 91, 205, 214, 259 and 476 stop outside King’s Cross.
- There is no parking on site. We recommend travelling via public transport where possible.
- There are baby-changing facilities available.
- Kings Place has step free access at the front of the building via York way and step free access by the canal entrance via Crinan Street. Hall Two, where the concert takes place, has level access from the Concert level foyer. Flexible seating means that wheelchair users can be accommodated depending on their preference.
- Hungry? There’s a great restaurant, café and bar at Kings Place, which serves seasonal food, including freshly made pizza, cakes, coffees and light lunches. The venue also recommends modern British restaurant Rotunda, which looks over Regent’s Canal, and Green & Fortune Café, which serves organic and artisan coffees, cakes and sandwiches. Both are within a few minutes of Hall 2, where the performance takes place.
- Opening times and dates are subject to change – please call the venue or check the website for more details before setting off.