From Hammersmith to Hackney and Barnet to Bow, more than 200 green spaces are opening their gates for one weekend only.
Take your family on an epic adventure to explore London’s urban gardens. Most on the route are usually closed to the public, so it’s a great opportunity to get behind the garden walls and see what’s hiding.
As well as beautiful gardens to peruse, you can also enjoy a whole host of outdoor activities and experiences, plus guided tours. Check out the map on the website, which allows you to filter out all the family friendly fun and fetes en route, as well as the gardens that allow dogs and those that have level access.
Kidadl in the Know
- Recommended for ages 5+.
- Open Garden Squares Weekend is on 9 and 10 June.
- The open gardens span across the whole city, so you’ll need to formulate a route depending on where you want to go.
- If you have any questions regarding accessibility at any specific venue, contact the organisers via the website for more information. This will depend on the individual gardens, but largely they’re accessible.
- We recommend stopping at Lexham Gardens (W8 5JA), where there’ll be a garden party on Saturday 9 June from 3-5pm with lots of tasty treats on offer, as well as kids entertainment.
- Opening times and dates are subject to change – please call the venue or check the website for more details before setting off.