If you have ever wanted to experience the breathtaking views of the Grand Canyon, this is your chance! Take a Grand Canyon online tour from the comfort of your own home. Grand Canyon National Park, located in northwestern Arizona, is a must-see.
This 277-mile long, 18-mile across and 1,857-metre deep landmark is grand in all senses of the word - no wonder it attracts 5 million people a year. Grand Canyon National Park's central feature is, of course, the canyon itself, a gorge of the Colorado River, which is often considered one of the Wonders of the World. We'd be surprised if it isn't on your bucket list!
Your virtual access to the park is available through Google Arts & Culture, with images covering 75 miles of trails through what is considered one of the seven natural wonders of the world. A great way to experience the Grand Canyon is by 'hiking' the canyon’s Bright Angel Trail via Google Street View Trek. At 9.3 miles long, it would be a challenge for most children to trek this popular long-distance route in real life. So instead, just sit back, relax and take in the scenery as you virtually zigzag up from the Colorado River to the South Rim.
Taking a virtual tour is the ideal way to explore new places, so if you want to check out more national parks, why not visit Yosemite next?
What you’ll need
- A love of travelling and the natural world.
- Make sure you have a good WiFi connection for the best user experience.
What you’ll do
- Visit this site anytime through Google Arts & Culture.
- Explore the park's central feature, the Grand Canyon, and take a virtual hike through the rugged terrain.
- For more virtual tours, why not explore the Getty Museum.