Are you finding maths a trickier subject to teach your kids from home? Do your children ask you maths questions that you struggle to find the answers for? Yes, ours too! Thankfully, there are loads of resources online to help with your homeschooling! Mr Harris, a school teacher, has found the ideal way to teach his awesome maths classes.
Aimed at primary aged children in years 3-6, Mr Harris will teach your children a different subject each session. Expect lots of silliness and fun activities to help learn times tables and introduce new number ideas. This session takes the format of a typical maths class, with face-to-face teaching. You'll be shown loads of times tables primary resources to get your multiplication up to scratch. There will be maths puzzles, games and terrible jokes. From cuboids to special numbers, inverse operations to learning to play Yahtzee, this class is an awesome way to bring some mathematics into your living room! With times tables primary resources and learning prop ideas, it's a super interactive learning experience. And if you miss out on the live broadcast, you can catch up on the YouTube channel too. Get stuck into learning with Mr Harris! If you have other children, Mr Harris also teaches classes for years 1-3, 5-8, 7-11 and GCSE level maths.
What you’ll need
- A pen and paper to make notes.
- Mr Harris will sometimes recommend easily accessible props that you may have handy like Lego and building blocks.
- Strong WiFi connection.
What you’ll do
- The live sessions are on twice a week at 10am. Mr Harris posts his weekly timetable on Facebook.
- These are live maths classes streamed on YouTube for your kids in years 3-6. You will be learning about a range of different topics.
- To get the most out of the lesson, Mr Harris will also post a resource sheet to download and use after the lesson.
- Don't forget you can submit photos of your completed work on his Facebook page.