Maths could well be one of the hardest subjects at school to help your kids with at home. Thankfully, there are loads of resources to make learning fun. Are you are looking for extra maths support for your children? Or do you need a hand with maths problem-solving for KS1? Maths teacher, Mr Harris is offering free maths lessons twice a week at 12pm covering a range of topics and ensuring that each student has access to a fun and informative maths education.
Whether you find maths easy or difficult, there are lots of ways to make it fun! Aimed at children in years 1-3, Mr Harris will teach your children a different subject each session. Some of the classes, Mr Harris will teach face-to-face and others he will use a digital whiteboard to demonstrate. These awesome maths classes will use imaginative role-play, props and lots of fun exercises. Expect Fraction Man and the Comparing Cowboy to make an appearance! You may even hear Mr Harris singing the Baby Shark song. Parents are encouraged to take part too and help guide your kids through the activities. Who said you can’t learn and have fun at the same time?! If you have older children, Mr Harris also teaches classes for years 3-6, 5-8, 7-11 and GCSE level maths.
What you’ll need
- A pen and paper to make notes.
- Mr Harris will sometimes recommend easily accessible props that you may have handy.
- Strong WiFi connection.
What you’ll do
- The live sessions are on twice a week. Mr Harris posts his weekly timetable on Facebook.
- These are live maths classes streamed on YouTube for your kids in years 1-3. Mr Harris will be teaching a range of different subjects.
- To get the most out of the lesson, Mr Harris will also post a resource sheet to download and use after the lesson.
- Don't forget you can submit photos of your completed work on his Facebook page.