Learn French with music and play in these awesome live online classes with Amber - it's the ideal way to learn a new language. During lockdown, have you been searching for engaging French sessions? Do your kids love to learn with music and sensory play? Every Thursday Amber is doing a live broadcast in the Amber's Language Music and Play Facebook group. She will teach the basics of French to your kids through simple songs, combined with British Sign Language and sensory play, following a different theme in every lesson. In fact, if you want to pick up a few sign language tips beforehand, check out this blog.
Expect classes to include a combination of structured song and playtime and free play, so that your kids can explore the world around them as they learn. Amber will use musical instruments, bubbles, balloons and other props and toys to make your experience magical as well as musical. Before the class, Amber will list some props that may be useful if you have them so you can bring along. None are essential, but they can help to engage your kids. Or you may want to set the scene in some way, and Amber will give you some suggestions how to do this. She will also suggest some French words in advance of the class, so that you can get a bit more familiar with them in advance if you'd like to. If your children are a bit younger, Amber runs a live session for pre-schoolers as well.
Grown-ups are welcome too, whether you are native speakers or not familiar with the French language. At the end of the lesson, you will have improved your vocabulary, grammar and picked up a few essential phrases. Language learning made fun!
What you’ll need
- Amber will list some useful things for the class on her Facebook page that you can bring along if you have them. None are essential, but they are helpful to engage your children.
- Make sure you have a good WiFi connection for the best user experience.
What you’ll do
- The live sessions are on at 1.15pm on a Thursday.
- These are live French lessons for beginners. Amber will use music and sensory play to help you learn in French.
- You'll be able to watch the videos live via the Facebook group but the classes will be saved to the page so you can rewatch if you'd like.