If you and your kids have a passion for cooking, make sure you join creative baker and cook Chetna Makan for this fantastic online tutorial where you will learn to cook a healthy chicken tikka masala. Cooking as a family is such a fun activity to do together and it encourages children to be more adventurous in trying new foods and to develop healthier eating habits.
This delicious authentic chicken tikka masala recipe by Chetna not only tastes amazing but is also a healthier version of the popular curry. This tasty and exciting meal is a classic comfort food but Chetna's version is lower in calories and is a great healthy option for the whole family. Chetna provides all the ingredients, as well as clear step-by-step instructions for this easy healthy chicken tikka masala recipe.
The YouTube tutorial is seven minutes long and it’s the ideal way to encourage mini foodies to start getting creative in the kitchen as well being a great introduction to foods from around the world. This dish is also pretty versatile, so don’t worry if your kids can’t handle the hotter stuff just yet – you can always make a spicier batch just for the parents. One of the best chicken tikka masala recipes online!
And if you would like to make some delicious naans and rice to enjoy with this tikka masala, you can find further easy-to-follow tutorials on Chetna’s YouTube channel. Looking to have some more fun in the kitchen with your kids? Make sure you try these brilliant Kids’ Kitchen culinary classes for mini chefs-in-the-making. Or here are some great recipes that teens can make themselves.
What you’ll need
- You will need some basic ingredients in the kitchen to prepare this recipe including: 200g natural yogurt, 1.1 kg of skinless and boneless chicken thighs, garlic cloves, 1 and a half teaspoons of salt, half a teaspoon of tandoori masala, 1 tablespoon chilli powder, 60g of cashew nuts, 1 teaspoon garam masala, 1 teaspoon turmeric, 2 teaspoons ground coriander, whole milk, 2 tablespoons sunflower oil, 1 large onion, 2 chopped tomatoes and 2 tablespoons tomato puree.
- Make sure you have a good WiFi connection for the best user experience.
What you’ll do
- This is a step-by-step online tutorial of one of Chetna Makan’s favourite curry recipes.
- She will be demonstrating how to create a healthy chicken tikka masala recipe.
- For more fun cooking classes for kids, check out Theo Michaels' family-friendly cook-along.