Harptoons aims to get kids excited about creating and drawing their own characters and illustrations. Illustrator Steve Harpster brings his 20 years of experience to his daily Facebook live sessions, in which he might start by drawing a letter or number on his sketch pad, before showing viewers how to turn it into a character. These sessions are perfect for children aged 6 and over, and will also be enjoyed by older children. He has also launched a five-day Comic Book Camp online this summer, in which children will learn how to create their own comic book characters.
Sessions are at 6pm (UK time) daily, Monday - Friday.
What you'll need
- A4 sized paper or sketch book
- Pencil or sharpie for sketching
- Colouring pens or pencils to colour in your creation afterwards
- A good WiFi connection
What you'll do
- The session starts at 6pm on Facebook daily.
- Steve will announce his plan for the session at the start of each one - he might close his eyes and draw a squiggle on his pad as a starting point, and then show you how to turn it into a character, or he might start with a letter or number.
- Children will have the opportunity to copy Steve's drawing as he goes along.