- Treat your older children and teens to an awe-inspiring night at the theatre they won’t forget in a hurry with TINA - The Tina Turner Musical at London's Aldwych Theatre.
- One of the most popular musical theatre shows of the year, Tina the Musical depicts the extraordinary life and career of the Rock ‘n’ Roll sensation from her Nutbush roots to record-breaking global stardom.
- With dazzling costumes, award-winning writing and powerful vocals curated by Tina Turner herself, the TINA musical is not to be missed.
From her humble Tennessee roots to global Queendom of Rock ‘n’ Roll, Tina Turner didn’t just break the rules, she completely rewrote them. In collaboration with Tina Turner herself, this original stage musical reveals the true story behind the woman who pushed through prejudice and refused to be confined by her gender, race and age.
As one of the best-selling music artists of all time, hailed by fans across the world, Tina Turner’s soulful rock ‘n’ roll concerts have been attended by millions. With more concert ticket sales than any other singer in history and a whopping 12 Grammy Awards, it’s about time we got to know the story behind the superstar. Written by the Olivier Award-winning Katori Hall and directed by the renowned Phyllida Lloyd, Tina the Musical uses the singer’s most famous songs to tell the tale of her monumental career and life in a jukebox West End show style. The sensational Tina the Musical cast features the powerful voices of Aisha Jawando as Tina, Jammy Kasongo as Ike Turner, Irene Myrtle-Forrester as GG and Joe Evans as Phil Spector, with all of the ‘80s sparkle and hair-raising fashions you could want.
This fiercely bold and brilliant West End musical is a fabulous celebration of Tina Turner’s exceptional career, powerful spirit and unmistakable soulful sound. Don’t miss out!
What to know before you go
- TINA - The Tina Turner Musical is approximately 2 hours and 45 minutes long, including an interval.
- It is recommended for children aged 12 and over.
- Show times are 7.30pm Monday to Saturday, 7pm on Tuesdays as well as 2.30pm Thursday to Saturday.
- Please note that Tina Turner will not be performing in the musical.
- All shows start promptly so aim to arrive at least 30 minutes ahead of the performance to settle into your seats.
- There is step-free access into the Aldwych Theatre on Drury Lane. Wheelchair spaces can be found in the Dress Circle, Row C as well as in Boxes D and E. There is an accessible toilet in the foyer.
- Guide dogs are welcome in the Aldwych Theatre and staff are happy to look after them during the performance if you prefer.
- Some Audio Described and BSL Interpreted Performances will be available. The Aldwych Theatre also uses a Sennheiser Mobile Connect hearing enhance system.
- Please note that TINA contains strobe lighting, flashing images, loud sound effects and haze smoke machines.
- There are toilets located throughout the theatre and a cloakroom in the foyer.
- For refreshments within the theatre, the Dress Circle Bar and Stalls Bar serve snacks and drinks and open 30 minutes before show start times. Alternatively, you can head to one of the many family-friendly eateries nearby such as Bill’s, Côte Bistro, Pizza Express, by CHLOE and many more.
- The musical is running at the Aldwych Theatre, on the corner of Drury Lane.
- The nearest Underground stations to the theatre are Temple (Circle and District Lines), Covent Garden (Piccadilly Line) and Holborn (Central and Piccadilly Lines). All are just under a 10-minute walk from the venue.
- The theatre is within a 10-minute walking distance of Charing Cross mainline station and a short Tube journey from King's Cross, Euston and Victoria.
- Bus routes 1, 4, 6, 9, 11, 13, 15, 23, 26, 59, 68, 76, 87, 91, 168, 171, 172, 188, 243 and 341 all stop near to the theatre.
- Q-Park’s Theatreland Parking Scheme can save 50% on your car parking charge for up to 24 hours. Please validate your ticket in the foyer. The nearest Q-Park facilities are located in Chinatown and Charing Cross and have Blue Badge parking.