- The Original Tour is adhering to COVID-safety guidelines laid out by the government, providing you with fun and safe tours around London, Windsor, Bath and Paris.
- The Original Tour was the original sightseeing bus tour in London, beginning in 1951, so they know what they’re doing if you’re looking for a great day!
- Expect brilliant and unique sightseeing tours, whether you’re looking for royalty or family fun.
A London bus tour allows you to travel all over the city and see all of the London sights, whether traditional, movie-based like a Harry Potter Film Locations tour, tv show themed, or following a specific timeline. The Original Tour has created routes to encompass whatever you want to see.
The Original Tour was created in 1951 as the world’s first Hop-On Hop-Off sightseeing company during The Festival of Britain. It now has tours in London, Windsor, Bath, and Paris (although currently suspended), and also has walking tours. Their aim is to bring the original sightseeing experience to their guests. This London bus tour operator using open-top double-decker buses.
The Yellow Route is the most famous, and is great for London sightseeing, as it takes you past landmarks such as the Tower of London, St Paul’s Cathedral, lastminute.com London Eye, The Shard, Buckingham Palace, and Big Ben. It lasts about an hour and a bus leaves every 20 minutes. It’s also perfect if you want to jump off to see the sight up close, as it can drop you off within walking distance of them.
Feel like a different view of London? How about a Sightseeing Thames River Cruise? This tour offers food and drink, so is perfect for a relaxing view of London. There are four piers across the whole route which include Westminster Pier, Tower Pier, London Eye Pier and Greenwich Pier. You can even join while on your bus tour depending on your ticket.
Want to move over to Windsor? The Windsor Sightseeing Bus Tour allows you to see a variety of Windsor and Eton landmarks, like Windsor Castle and Eton College, in 45 minutes. Unfortunately, the London to Windsor bus tour is currently not running.
The UNESCO World Heritage city of Bath is an incredible place to see, so why not embrace the quaintness on this Bath bus tour. The Navigatours Bath Bus Tour will take you around the city to see so much including the Roman Baths, Thermae Bath Spa, Jane Austen Centre, Bath Assembly Rooms and Bath Abbey.
With so much choice, The Original Tour can take all of the stress out of a sightseeing visit, with its diverse range of tours perfect for the summer.
What to know before you go
- The Original Tour’s new health and safety guidelines include: customers and staff wearing masks; non-invasive temperature checks; social distancing at departure points and on the buses; reduced amount of people allowed on the tours; contactless payments; extensive cleaning and hand sanitiser stations.
- All buses are wheelchair accessible. It is recommended you board at the Victoria or Piccadilly Circus departure points for any London tours as there will be additional staff on hand to help.
- Pushchairs and prams can be brought onboard, but must be folded before boarding.
- There is free WiFi on all buses.
- There are no toilets on the bus, but most routes unless specified include plenty of stops which will enable you to get on and off, and the driver can point you in the direction of the nearest toilet.
- There is no food served on the buses, but there is food and drinks on the Thames River Cruise, and drinks served on the London Bar Bus.
- The best place to find information is at The Original Tour Visitor Centre in London, SW1Y 5BL.
- The closest rail stations to their Visitor Centre are Piccadilly Circus and Charing Cross.
- Please follow the latest government guidelines if travelling by public transport.
- There is easy access between London and Windsor, and London and Bath which The Original Tour can help with, as well as with trips to Paris when they reopen.
Image © The Original Tour