- Experience a sightseeing tour with a twist with Thames Rockets and experience Formula One on the water.
- An expert guide will lead you through the city's waterway, pointing out the sights and giving you hilarious tidbits as you go.
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to take a Thames boat trip with speed? Now’s your chance. With Thames Rockets, you're in for an unforgettable sightseeing tour of London on the fastest boat on the River Thames! Experience Formula One on the water and see all of the capital's most iconic sights on a ride that will definitely get your adrenaline pumping. With twists and turns at speeds of 30 knots (that's 35mph), this is sightseeing from a whole new point of view.
Kids and adults will get fully kitted out with a waterproof jacket, a life jacket and goggle-style visors before setting off on your speedy adventure. During your action-packed journey along the river, on-board comedian guides will entertain you with fascinating facts about the city.
There’s perhaps no better way to spend quality time together than to experience an exhilarating journey along the river on a Thames Rockets tour, seeing all of London's famous landmarks while whizzing through the water. With tons of tours to choose from, Thames Rockets offers sightseeing opportunities you just can't pass up.
What to know before you go
- Depending on the tour you choose, you may see the Houses of Parliament, Cleopatra’s Needle, Canary Wharf, Somerset House, the Thames Barrier, St Paul’s Cathedral and Shakespeare’s Globe. Thames travel has never been so much fun!
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Children under 16 must have a minor disclaimer form filled out prior to the departure by a parent or guardian.
- Unfortunately, if you are pregnant you will be unable to sail. If you have a bad back, it is not advised that you take part either.
- Make sure you arrive at the boarding gate with at least 15 minutes to spare as it takes time to prepare for the tour.
- Your safety and comfort are of utmost importance. You'll be kitted out with a waterproof jacket, a life jacket and goggle-style visors before setting off on your adventure.
- Thames Rockets tours still go ahead in the rain. Waterproofs will be provided!
- Wear comfortable clothes for all weather conditions. If it’s cold, please bring gloves, a hat and scarf.
- A knowledgeable skipper and expert guide will accompany you as you explore the city’s waterway together.
- If you require disabled access or you have a buggy, please advise Thames Rockets before your trip and they will ensure a member of the team is on hand to look after your properly whilst you are enjoying the trip.
- Handbags, backpacks and rucksacks are all permitted on board the speedboats.
- Worried about getting seasick? It’s rare for anyone to feel seasick on Thames Rockets. The speedboats sit low in the water and you won’t experience the same motion as you would on open water or at sea.
- Thames Rockets operates from two of the most famous piers on the river – the London Eye Millennium Pier and London Bridge City Pier. Most tours depart from the London Eye Millennium Pier. Why not visit the London Eye or The Shard while you're in the area?
- Both piers are easily accessible by public transport. The London Eye Millennium Pier is within a seven-minute walk of both Westminster and Waterloo stations while London Bridge City Pier is a five-minute walk from London Bridge station.