- The award-winning Mamma Mia! musical is returning to its London roots at the Novello Theatre.
- This pop sensation and ultimate feel-good musical is packed full of all your favourite ABBA songs with compositions by half of the band’s original members.
- Transporting us to the gorgeous Greek island home to Donna and Sophie Sheridan, Mamma Mia! is a hilarious, heartwarming and hugely fun story of family, love, and discovering who you are.
Since its London premiere back in 1999, Mamma Mia! and has been seen by thousands of people around the world and twenty years on it is still an international cultural phenomenon.
Set on a mythical Greek island, Mamma Mia! follows free spirit Donna Sheridan and her bride-to-be daughter Sophie as they prep for the upcoming wedding, for which Sophie secretly decides she wants her estranged father to walk her down the aisle. Knowing it's one of three completely contrasting men, Sophie invites them all to the island and, sure enough, confusion and hilarity ensues...
Based on the smash-hit ABBA song of the same name, Mamma Mia’s jukebox musical ingeniously uses the band’s iconic songs to tell its roller-coaster narrative. Acclaimed playwright Catherine Johnson and composers Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus, two of ABBA’s original members, weave fan favourites such as ‘Dancing Queen’, ‘Money, Money, Money’, ‘Take a Chance on Me’ and many more into this feel-good story of love, family and identity.
This rip-roaring show is one of best teen musicals in London and will have the whole household singing for days. If you’re a dedicated ABBA fan, lover of the smash-hit films and family of dancing queens and kings, then don’t miss Mamma Mia! on the West End. For more musical brilliance, why not check out Wicked or Everybody's Talking About Jamie.
What to know before you go
- The show is 2 hours 35 minutes long including one interval.
- Matinee and evening performances are available.
- Mamma Mia! is recommended for children aged 8 and over.
- The Novello Theatre is wheelchair accessible via Catherine Street and there are two dedicated spaces for wheelchair users per performance; please contact the theatre ahead of time to arrange this assistance. Accessible toilets can be on the Dress Circle level.
- Guide dogs are welcome in the theatre and staff are happy to look after them during the performance if you prefer.
- BSL-Signed, Captioned and Audio Described performances are all available. There is also an Infrared System within the auditorium.
- Please note that Mamma Mia! contains some flashing lights.
- Toilets are located on four levels of the theatre.
- There are four bars on site serving drinks and snacks, as well as plenty of family-friendly eateries nearby including Bill's, Fire & Stone Pizza, Côte Bistro, Bella Italia and many more.
- Mamma Mia! is shown at the Novello Theatre.
- If you are travelling by train, Charing Cross station is a nine-minute walk.
- The nearest Tube station is Covent Garden (Piccadilly line), which is a five-minute walk away. Temple (Circle and District lines) and Holborn (Central and Piccadilly lines) are also both an eight-minute walk.
- Plenty of buses stop within a minute's walk of the theatre, including the 1, 4, 11, 15, 23, 26, 59, 68, 76, 91, 168, 172, 188 and 243.
- There is no designated parking, but the Novello Theatre is part of the Q-Park Theatreland Scheme. You can get 50% off parking when you have your ticket validated at the theatre box office.