- iFly is open and is following UK government advice regarding COVID-19.
- Ever wanted to fly? Here's your chance as iFly is open offering you an indoor skydiving experience.
- Experience the feeling of free fall while you float in the air generated by wind tunnels.
- Choose from three UK locations: Basingstoke, Manchester and Milton Keynes.
iFly's indoor skydiving is sure to get a 'WOW' from your kids. This amazing experience will literally sweep you off of your feet.
Indoor skydiving gives you the chance to experience the feeling of free fall in a vertical wind tunnel. If it is your first time doing an indoor skydive you will have two instructors with you, one will help you in and the other will control the air speed. Your indoor skydiving flight will be 1-1, although you take part in small groups. Each flight will last around 60 seconds, replicating a skydive experience, apparently this feels like much longer than it sounds when you are in the tunnel. The wind tunnel has fans at the top to draw air through and then push it back down the sides, this leads to an inlet contractor that speeds up the air before it re-enters the flight chamber. The result is a smooth, super fast column of air that enables you to fly! Indoor sky diving is extremely safe, much safer than the real thing. The instructors go through extensive training to ensure that you have the best experience possible.
iFly Basingstoke also has extra activities on offer such as Freedom Climber, Paraflight VR and the Ski Zone. Freedom Climber is rotating climbing wall meaning you can have a go at climbing whilst staying just a few feet from the floor. This makes it a fantastic activity for all ages. Paraflight VR is an immersive, virtual reality, paragliding ride which lets you explore a virtual world. Ski Zone has revolving, fully adjustable slopes which replicate a real piste. It is covered with astroturf and is a fantastic way to learn to ski or snowboard for all ages and abilities. At iFly Manchester, you can head to Flybar to enjoy some drinks and snacks before or after your flights.
What to know before you go
- iFly is implementing COVID-safety measures all all locations, these include non-contact temperature checks upon arrival, only one spectator per flyer, enhanced cleaning measures, flight certificates issued electronically group sizes no larger than six. You must complete your waiver before you arrive and arrive 30 minutes before your flight.
- You must complete a safety waiver.
- It is suitable for anyone from 3 years of age, although if you have neck, back, shoulder or heart problems you should consult with your doctor first.
- You cannot fly if you are pregnant.
- You should wear comfy clothes and lace up trainers. Preferably long trousers and a t-shirt without a collar. A flying suit will be provided.
- You can add on a digital photo or video (or both) of your flight from £9 per person.
- There are toilets but no baby changing facilities.
- iFly facilities are accessible and welcome flyers of all abilities.
- iFly Basingstoke is located at iFLY Indoor Skydiving, Basingstoke Leisure Park, Euskirchen Way, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG22 6PG.
- By car, from junction 6 on the M3 follow signs towards Newbury around the ring road until you reach the Thorncroft Roundabout. Take the first exit on to Churchill Way Way and follow signs for The Leisure Park.
- iFly Manchester is located at iFLY Indoor Skydiving, 9 Trafford Way, Trafford Park, Manchester, M41 7JA.
- It is opposite the Trafford Centre and conveniently located just off the M60 motorway at junction 10.
- iFly Milton Keynes is located at iFLY Indoor Skydiving, 602 Marlborough Gate, Central Milton Keynes, MK9 3XS.
- Both Manchester (M41 7JA) and Basingstoke (RG22 6PG) have free parking spaces on site.
- Milton Keynes is situated at the Xscape complex (MK9 3XS) where parking costs from 40p per hour during the day.
- All locations are accessible by public transport.
- Please follow the latest government guidelines if travelling by public transport.