- Get ready to cry with laughter (and maybe even learn a thing or two) at Horrible Histories: Barmy Britain live on stage at The Drive In at Troubadour Meridian Water in Enfield.
- See some brilliant live theatre from your car this August, with tickets starting at £46 per vehicle.
Ever dream of meeting famous people from history? The only problem is, they're all dead! Catch this live theatre event at an awesome outdoor cinema venue and you’ll finally meet a whole host of characters from British history, including Queen Elizabeth I, Henry VIII, Richard III, Dick Turpin and Shakespeare. Not only will you learn a decent bit of history, but you will also discover the strangest, foulest, funniest and stinkiest parts of their lives.
If you missed the last Horrible Histories tour, now’s your chance to take your kids to see this brilliant show at The Drive In. Based on the bestselling books written by Terry Deary and the subsequent programme on CBBC (which first aired in 2009), it has always been a huge hit with fans big and small. It’s a weird and wonderful show to make the whole family smile!
The Horrible Histories cast is made up of talented actors who definitely know how to bring the humour to history. With amazing 3D special effects and many foul facts, this show is guaranteed to bring historical events and figures to life. Your favourite characters will be performing some iconic Horrible Histories songs and you'll have the tunes in your head for days.
This is a brilliant way to get back to watching live entertainment on stage! The Drive In will also be screening some fantastic film screenings throughout the summer, including favourites Sonic the Hedgehog, Mary Poppins and Peter Rabbit.
What to know before you go
- Doors open 45 minutes before the performance begins.
- The running time for the show is approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes and is suitable for children aged 5+.
- Sound will be transmitted straight to your car radio. Info will be given at the venue on the day about how to set this up.
- Hungry? All your favourite classic movie snacks will be served, including popcorn and burgers. You will be able to order from your mobile and food will be delivered in a contactless manner straight to your car.
- You won’t be able to use cash on site, so please bring a contactless payment card.
- Please note that there are no baby-changing facilities available.
- There are on-site toilets available, including accessible ones.
- You're welcome to bring along your dog to the performance. Just don’t take them for a walk or toilet break.
- Depending on what time your screening is, why not combine a trip to the Forty Hall Estate. Explore the wonderful house with your history loving kids and venture into the stunning 272 acres of land. There is even a children’s play area!
- Unfortunately, large vehicles like vans, buses and lorries will not be permitted.
- Pricing is per car, not per person. The higher priced tickets are for the front three rows.
- There are no refunds available after booking.
- You will find this venue located just off the North Circular (A406) at the Troubadour Meridian Water on Harbet Road, London, N18 3QQ.
- You won’t be able to reserve a parking space in advance. Staff will show you where to park in on the day depending on the size of your car.