- The Ghost Bus Tours are running with new COVID-safety measures in place in response to the latest government advice.
- The Ghost Bus adventures offer thrilling comedy-horror tours of the UK’s most haunted cities featuring top London, York and Edinburgh sightseeing opportunities.
- Including trained actors, expert conductors and macabre black and red decor, these ghost tours are both spooky and hilarious and will leave the whole family completely exhilarated.
Step aboard The Ghost Bus Tours’ retro Routemaster buses and experience a spine-tingling guided tour… if you dare.
The Ghost Bus Tours offer some of the most popular tour experiences in the country. with guided journeys through the spookiest sights and stories of York, London and Edinburgh. On board a classic 1960s Routemaster bus, adorned in jet black and furnished with blood red velvet tapestries and antique artefacts, a crew of classically-trained actors will take audiences on a theatre-on-wheels experience like no other. Their gruesome tours are the perfect combination of horror, hilarity and history with plenty of spooky tales, haunting locations and fascinating facts along the way. Costumed guides really make the ghost stories of the lands come alive, unearthing the cities’ darkest secrets as you learn plenty of history and get healthily horrified along the way.
See the spookiest bits of sightseeing York has to offer on The Ghost Bus Tour of York, including the York Minster, York Shambles, River Ouse and more. Edinburgh bus tours will take you through the Royal Mile, Holyrood Palace and of course the Edinburgh vaults and castle. If you’re in the Old Smoke, there is plenty to discover on a London night bus tour or day tour including tales of Tower Bridge, St Paul’s Cathedral and Westminster Abbey.
With the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence under their belt, tons of raving reviews and even a host of celebrity attendees including Whoopi Goldberg, Johnny Depp and Little Mix, you won’t want to miss the horror-comedy adventures of the Ghost Tour London, the York Ghost Bus or The Ghost Bus Tour Edinburgh.
What to know before you go
- The Ghost Bus Tours are now running with new COVID-safety measures in response to government guidance. All buses will be thoroughly cleaned daily and contact points will be disinfected between each tour, tours will be running at a reduced capacity, conductors will be wearing masks and gloves during boarding and hand sanitisation points will be available at the vehicle entrance. Please use contactless payments wherever possible and wear a face covering during your tour unless you are exempt.
- The majority of the tours are on board the buses, but each city includes a short 10-20-minute walk to a graveyard or old street dependent on weather and time.
- Tours last for 1 hour and 15 minutes, nonstop (other than the above).
- Please note that there are no toilets on board the buses, so plan accordingly!
- The tours are not recommended for children under 5, although they can be allowed on board at the parents’ risk, and under 15s must be accompanied by an adult.
- Storage space for buggies cannot be guaranteed on board.
- Although TGBT are ghost tours they are also largely comedy-focused, but if you should need to get off the bus due to fear or any other reason then please alert your conductor.
- Food and drinks other than bottled water are not permitted on the bus.
- Unfortunately, due to their classic Routemaster design entrance to the buses cannot be made wheelchair accessible and there will not be sufficient room on board for folded wheelchairs.
- The Ghost Bus Tour London departs from 8 Northumberland Avenue at Trafalgar Square.
- Ghost Tours Edinburgh depart from Edinburgh Lawnmarket.
- The York Ghost Tour Bus departs from York station on Station Road.
- Please follow the latest government guidelines if travelling by public transport.
Images © The Ghost Bus Tours.