- Broadway’s smash-hit Come From Away won Best Musical all across North America and has now arrived on the West End stage.
- Experience the incredible true story of a small Candian town that welcomed the world in this award-winning musical in London.
- As hostility turns into friendship, get ready for some heartwarming lessons in hope and humanity with Come From Away London.
After record-breaking runs on New York City’s Broadway and four prestigious Olivier Awards, Come From Away is landing in London at the Phoenix Theatre.
Delve into the remarkable true story of Come From Away where 7,000 air passengers were left stranded in a small town during the tragedy of 9/11. Set in the scenic Canadian province of Newfoundland, a close-knit community must welcome thousands of ‘come from aways’ into their quiet lives in the name of generosity and empathy. As people from all over the world come together in the wake of disaster, cultures clash and tensions initially run high but things are soon soothed by the magic of music and spirit of humanity. This touching true tale written by Irene Sankoff and David Hein features Tony Award-winning direction by Christopher Ashley and a host of much-loved songs including Welcome to the Rock, Me and the Sky and 38 Planes. As powerful friendships are born against all odds, Come From Away offers some of the most important lessons in compassion and unity from musical theatre that London has to offer.
Come From Away’s roaring success speaks for itself and will have the whole family grinning from ear to ear, and maybe even shedding a tear. For even more of the best musicals in London where messages of friendship soar, why not check out Everybody’s Talking About Jamie or Wicked the Musical?
What to know before you go
- The show is 100 minutes long and both matinee and evening performances are available.
- Come From Away is recommended for children aged 10 and over.
- The Phoenix Theatre is buggy and wheelchair accessible, with step-free access from Flitcroft Street and wheelchair spaces in Box C and Dress Circle Row A. If you are a wheelchair user or have limited mobility, please contact the theatre in advance so that they can arrange your proper assistance.
- There is an adapted toilet in the Royal Room.
- Some Audio Described and Captioned Performances are available, as well as Infra-red and Induction Loop sound systems which can be collected from the foyer bar.
- Guide dogs are welcome in the theatre.
- There are toilets on all levels of the venue.
- The Phoenix Theatre has three themed bars on site for snacks and drinks - the Icons Bar, the Rock Bar and the Foyer Bar. Nearby you can also find loads of family-friendly eateries around Covent Garden, such as Carluccio's, Pizza Express, Chipotle and Seven Dials Market.
- Security checks may be in place and the theatre asks you to refrain from bringing large bags or suitcases into the venue.
- Parking is limited and expensive in the area so we recommend taking public transport where possible.
- The nearest Tube stations to the Phoenix Theatre are Leicester Square (for the Northern and Piccadilly lines) and Tottenham Court Road (for Northern and Central lines), both a five-minute walk away.
- Bus routes 14, 19, 22b, 24, 29, 38, 134 and 176 all stop nearby at Tottenham Court Road and Covent Garden.
- The nearest rail station is Charing Cross, which is a 12-minute walk up Charing Cross Road.