- Carview-20 is adhering to COVID-safety guidelines suggested by the government, offering a contact-free cinema experience to keep you and your family safe.
- Set against the lush backdrop of Aldenham Country Park in Elstree, you'll feel like you've stepped into another world with Carview-20 this summer.
- Expect 80s classics, family-friendly Pixar animations and smash-hit musicals all brought directly to you in the comfort and safety of your own vehicle.
Step back in time to retro Americana, when the skirts were full and drive-in theatres fuller. Carview-20 is the ultimate drive-in cinema experience set amongst the enchanted woodland of Aldenham Country Park, a firm Kidadler favourite. This family drive-in theatre has granted all of our lockdown wishes and is providing the perfect way to go out and be entertained whilst staying safe and socially distanced this summer.
Live out all of your 1950s drive-in dreams with hotdogs, popcorn and ice cream on tap delivered straight to your car, meaning you never have to leave your vehicle. With seamless FM radio transmitters bringing the best quality sound straight to your speakers, all you have to do is pull up and relax at this brand new outdoor cinema in London.
Choose from classic drive-in movies like E.T. and Dirty Dancing, to modern family favourites like Despicable Me and The Incredibles, and get ready for a seriously unique cinematic experience with the kids this summer.
What to know before you go
- The start times stated are when doors open. Screenings typically begin fifty minutes after doors. Please arrive with plenty of time as latecomers will not be admitted.
- Standard tickets typically cover anything from a 5-seater and smaller. Larger vehicles like people carriers, vans, SUVs, and pickups are not permitted with a standard ticket.
- Visitors are not allowed to exceed the legal number of passengers per car.
- You must provide Kidadl with your car's license plate number after purchasing your ticket and before your arrival at the screening. Your plate number will be put on the list, so if it is not on the list on the day you will be denied entry.
- Parking comes on a first-come, first-served basis with a standard ticket. The earlier you arrive, the closer to the screen you will be.
- Larger cars may be directed to the back of the site so that people in smaller cars can see.
- The film's sound is transmitted to your vehicle via FM radio. You may use a portable radio or radio app on your phone if your car speakers don't work. You will be given the radio frequency when you arrive.
- You can order food and drink from a delicious online menu, which serves hot dogs, burgers, popcorn, ice cream and milkshakes, and will allbe delivered contactless to your vehicle. You can also order your food in advance.
- Toilets are available, but you must use those within your zone, which you will be allocated on arrival.
- You are strongly encouraged to wear a face mask if you leave your vehicle at any point.
- Why not make the day of it and explore Aldenham Country Park prior to the evening screening? There is an adventure playground and a farm to explore. Or, you can take a stroll through 100 Aker Wood and discover the home of Winnie the Pooh, Eeyore and Owl.
- Please follow all of Carview-20's COVID social distancing and safety rules during your visit.
- You will find Carview-20’s outdoor cinema situated in the Aldenham Country Park in Hertfordshire.
- Aldenham Country Park is 12 miles outside of central London in Elstree, Hertfordshire.
- The cinema entrance is located on the eastern edge of the park off Aldenham Road.
- It is easily accessible by car via the A5, A41, A1(M) or M1 (J5). Look for the brown signs directing you to the park.
- A member of staff will allocate and direct you to your parking space on arrival.