- South Kensington
Be inspired by the sculptures and shapes at the V&A and build your own extraordinary 3D structure in this free drop-in session.
Part of the House Families Festival and Engage Children’s Art Week, families will be given a variety of materials to invent and build a large structure using creative solutions.
And once you’ve finished the drop-in session, there’s so much more to explore within the museum – all for free!
Kidadl in the Know
- Recommended for ages 4-11.
- Drop-in Design: Extraordinary Structures is on 10 June from 10.30am–5pm. Drop-in at any time throughout the day.
- "Highly recommend the V&A for a great day out with kids. They have cute backpacks you can borrow for kids of all ages, to take around in certain galleries with things to do when you find certain objects, clues and games etc,” says Danielle.
- V&A is a two-minute walk from South Kensington Tube station.
- There is no parking on Exhibition Road but there is pay-and-display on Prince Consort Road and Queen’s Gate. We recommend taking the tube though.
- Baby-changing facilities are available on floors 0,1,2 and 4.
- The museum is buggy and wheelchair friendly with lots of lifts.
- The cafe serves kids' meal deals and has high chairs. You can also bring your own food and eat in the picnic area.
- Opening times and dates are subject to change – please call the venue or check the website for more details before setting off.