It’s so important to ensure that your children get a well-balanced, filling breakfast to start off their day on the right foot.
That’s where Weetabix comes in handy. A great biscuit, snack, or even just a sweet treat - Weetabix can be made into so many different tasty things and eaten at any time of day.
Not only is it low in fat, low in sugar, and high in fibre - but the delicious whole-grain wheat cereal has been popular since all the way back in 1932. We've rounded up four of our favourite Weetabix recipe ideas perfect for your kids' breakfasts!
Blueberry Weetabix Muffins
These delicious Weetabix Muffins make for a great (and pretty healthy) breakfast treat - ready in no time. Even better, you can get the kids involved in the process, too!
Ingredients: 170g of plain flour, 30g of sugar, 1 tsp of baking powder, half tsp of cinnamon, half tsp of ground ginger, 2 Weetabix biscuits, 45ml of maple syrup, 60ml of sunflower or vegetable oil, 1 egg, 130ml of milk, and 85g of frozen blueberries.
This recipe makes six muffins.
1) Begin by preheating your oven to 190°C/170°C fan, and grease a muffin tin lightly with butter.
2) In a large mixing bowl, stir your flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and ginger together.
3) Break up the Weetabix into small pieces and add this to the bowl.
4) In a separate bowl, mix together your maple syrup, oil, egg, and milk.
5) Bit by bit, pour your wet ingredients into the other mixture and fold it in.
6) Add in the blueberries, and carefully mix everything together.
7) Pour the mixture into your muffin tin, place in the oven, and bake for around 25 minutes.
8) Remove from the oven, allow to cool slightly, and then dig in!
Weetabix Banana Oat Bars
If you're after something sweet and easy, these breakfast bars will definitely be a winner with the whole family. Just give them a try and see for yourself!
Ingredients: 50g of brown sugar, 50g of maple syrup, 100g of margarine, 100g of plain flour, 3 Weetabix biscuits, 70g of porridge oats, 1 egg, and 2 overripe bananas.
This recipe makes 16 squared pieces.
1) Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C fan, then grease and line a squared cake tin with parchment paper.
2) In a small saucepan, heat your butter, sugar, and maple syrup until melted and fully combined. Remove this from the heat and set aside.
3) In a small bowl, mash your bananas and then mix this with the egg.
4) In a separate mixing bowl, mix your flour, crushed Weetabix, and porridge oats.
5) Pour the banana mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients, and then stir in the butter-syrup liquid. Make sure to mix well.
6) Turn the mixture into the cake tin and even it out with the back of a spoon. Place this in the oven for around 25 minutes.
7) Remove from the oven, allow to cool, and then slice up and plate.
Chocolate Chip Weetabix Cake
Cake for breakfast doesn't have to be limited to just birthdays, this Chocolate Chip Weetabix Cake is perfect for any day of the week - and will probably last you for a good few mornings.
Ingredients: 2 Weetabix biscuits, 200ml of milk, 100g of chocolate chips, 100g of self-raising flour, 1 tsp of mixed spice, 4 tbsp of sugar, and 2 large eggs.
This recipe makes 12 cake slices.
1) Preheat your oven to 180°C/160°C fan, then grease and line a loaf tin with parchment paper.
2) In a large mixing bowl, place your Weetabix biscuits and milk. Once the biscuits have softened, mash the mixture up.
3) Add the chocolate chips, flour, spice, sugar, and eggs - then beat together.
4) Turn your mixture into the loaf tin, and place it in the oven for around an hour.
5) Remove from the oven, allow to cool, then tuck into your tasty breakfast snack!
Vegan Weetabix Chocolate Bites
Not only are these chocolate bites vegan, but they also require absolutely no baking - and are super healthy! If you're looking for a nutritious snack to feed the kids that still tastes super yummy and is ready in no time - this is the one for you.
Ingredients: 65g of peanut butter, 75g of sultanas, 85g of rice malt syrup, 25g of cocoa powder, 25g of almond meal, and 4 Weetabix biscuits.
1) Place all of the ingredients (apart from Weetabix) into a blender and blend until combined.
2) Break up the Weetabix and add this to the blender. Blend again.
(Tip: If you find that the mixture is a little dry, add a spoonful of water.)
3) Begin forming balls out of large spoonfuls of the mixture, and place these on a plate.
4) Either begin eating your delicious breakfast creation straight away, or put them in a container in the fridge for later.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things, that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it's important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration for everything from family days out to online classes, arts, crafts and science experiments. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Kidadl is supported by you, the users. When you buy through the links on our site we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
All prices and product availability were correct at the time of publication.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.