Whether you're going on a road trip (in which case you'll be needing these car puns), travelling by rail or jetting off somewhere on an aeroplane, sometimes the journey to get to your exciting destination can be a little bit boring.
Before you start asking, "are we nearly there yet?", why not try and pass the hours in a more enjoyable way by telling some travel themed jokes or by peppering the conversation with some hilarious travel puns and see how long it takes your parents and fellow travelers to notice.
We've done the hard work for you and searched the world to find the very best travel puns that are perfect for holidays and long journeys. Bon voyage!
The Best Plane And Flying Puns
Plane journeys can be a bit, well, plain to be honest, when you're stuck in one seat for hours without much to do and endless white clouds out of the window. When you've run out of books and films to watch, you may want to entertain yourself by dropping these funny puns about travel into conversation.
1. No one can accuse this trip of being plane.
2. We don't have a set itinerary, so we're just going to wing it.
3. Being this high off the ground feels air-mazing.
4. This food is a bit plane.
5. Time flies when you're on a plane.
The Best Boat Puns
No land in sight for a while yet? If want to find some boat-iful puns to amuse your friends and family as you sail across the sea, then these ferry good puns are what you need.
6. I'm having a ferry good time, are you?
7. It's a-boat time we took a holiday.
8. Let's seas the day.
9. I think there'll be a ferry-tale ending to this trip.
10. Let's seas the day.
11. We'll get there schooner or later.
12. We're having a hull of a time on this trip.
13. You've yacht to be kidding me.
14. What's up dock?
15. Are we nearly there yet? I'm afraid knot.
16. I'm going craz-sea on this journey.
17. I think this ferry must be taking the sea-nic route.
18. I never get tide down to one place when there's so much to sea.
19. You float my boat.
Brilliant Train Puns
You'll love these railway puns that are right on track. Choo choo-se your favourites, share them with your friends and make the journey more enjoyable for everyone in your carriage.
20. This trip has been train sailing so far.
21. I'm finding it hard to keep track of where we are.
22. I keep losing my train of thought.
23. I tried to tell my favorite joke about trains, but it got derailed.
24. Ticket inspectors... you've got to hand it to them.
25. How would you work out how heavy a whale is? You'd take it to a whale weigh station.
The Best Road Puns
Hit the open road with some funny travel puns that'll make your car companions grin from ear to ear. The miles will fly by if you include some of these in your car chat.
26. I'm having a wheely nice time.
27. We've been driving all day, I need a brake.
28. All this driving is tire-ing.
29. Biggest cause of road rage? Cross roads.
Funny Holiday Puns
Why stop having fun once you reach your destination? You can keep the humor going with these plays on words from around the world that are perfect for writing in postcards too.
30. Having to unpack my suitcase after a holiday is the ultimate emotional baggage.
31. When travelling sometimes Alaska a local for directions.
32. My parents say I'm free to Rome in Italy.
33. We're having a whale of a time. Fish you were here.
34. Be shore of yourself.
35. Venice this holiday going to end?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things, that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it's important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration for everything from family days out to online classes, arts, crafts and science experiments. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Kidadl is supported by you, the users. When you buy through the links on our site we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
All prices and product availability were correct at the time of publication.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.