Firbolgs are feys or semi giants that belong to the world of Dungeons and Dragons.
Firbolgs are as long as 10 feet with an average height consisting of 8 feet and more. While Firbolgs do belong to the category of the Giant, they still carry some unique names.
Firbolgs are derived from Irish myth. They belong to the strong family of Druids, Feys, and other Giants. They live harmoniously with nature in the Woods. They look like giants and strong humans with thick beards, however, Firbolgs generally mistrust humans and other non-giant population.
Firbolgs are honest creatures who believe in the virtue of charity. They do not believe in acknowledgment of the charitable act as it would cancel out its benefits. Firbolgs have a strong hatred of dishonesty. They consider greed the worst form of vices; they stay aloof from materialism such as money and gold. These semi-giants are extremely confident and courageous. Firbolgs consider themselves to be the caretakers of the forest. There are myths that firbolgs can vanish at night. It is also said that they can talk to plants and animals.
Firbolg Male Names
As a fan of Firbolgs, you might be looking for a name to give your Firbolg. Here is a long list of top male Firbolg names:
1. Aenon - (Greek origin), meaning "spring" or "natural fountain."
2. Ailill - (Irish origin), meaning "elf."
3. Artan - (Irish origin), meaning "small bear cub."
4. Brian - (Irish origin), meaning "noble king."
5. Bronagh -(Irish origin), meaning "sadness."
6. Calbhach -(Irish origin), meaning "bold."
7. Donovan - (Irish origin), meaning "child of the unlucky one." It is the name of a Firbolg fighter.
8. Donnacha - (Irish origin), meaning "brown hair warrior." It is the name of one of the famous rugby player.
9. Eoghan - (Gaelic origin), meaning "noble-born".
10. Eoin - (Scottish origin), meaning "God is gracious."
11. Fathach - (Irish origin) meaning "giant".
12. Fionn - (Irish origin), meaning "crystal clear". The name belongs to the central character of Irish mythology. It also means a brave and handsome man.
13. Fergal - (Irish origin), meaning "brave". The name also suggests Valor and courageous.
14. Herren - (German origin), meaning "man."
15. Iskrenost - (Bosnian origin) meaning "honesty".
16. Kilian - (Gaelic origin), meaning "with the faith". There are many saints named Kilian, like Saint Kilian from Ireland.
17. Liam - (Irish origin), meaning "Desired". Liam is also the name of a famous English singer.
18. Lorcan - (Irish origin), meaning "silently fierce".
19. Niall- (Gaelic origin), meaning "passionate winner". The king of Tara was named after Niall.
20. Oisin - (Irish origin), meaning "great poet". The name belongs to one of the greatest singers of Firbolg mythology.
21. Sean- (Irish origin), meaning "Grace of God".
22. Tiernan - (Irish origin), meaning "small king". The name belonged to one of the famous Irish kings.
23. Wohltätig - (German origin) meaning "charitable".
Firbolg Female Names
Firbolgs are respectful to their queen and other women in their group. So, they have come up with many beautiful names for the women:
24. Adara - (Arabic origin), meaning "Virgin". The name of the Firbolg queen is Adara.
25. Aoife -(Gaelic origin), meaning "Joyful". She is the mythological daughter of a Firbolg king. Her name also traces back to Irish origin.
26. Aine - (Irish origin), meaning "Brilliantly radiant". The name belongs to one of the fairy queens of Firbolg.
27. Aoibheann - (Gaelic Origin), meaning "small eve". The name suggests the most beautiful lady in the Firbolg world.
28. Cara - (Irish origin), meaning "best friend".
29. Catlee - (Gaelic origin), meaning "pure".
30. Clodagh - (Irish origin), meaning "female Goddess". There is an Irish river connected with the legendary name.
31. Eabha - (Gaelic origin), meaning "the first woman". The name belongs to the first mother of the Firbolgs.
32. Eilish - (Irish origin), meaning "God's gift". The surname of an American pop star Billie Eilish. The Firbolg name for eyelash.
33. Fiadh - (Irish origin), meaning "from the forest". The name suggests the forest Goddess.
34. Fia- (Spanish origin), meaning "Weaver". Firbolg name for the weaver of dreams.
35. Grainne- (Irish origin), meaning "grain".
36. Izzet- (French origin), meaning "fair woman". It is the Firbolg term for white or clear.
37. Kera- (Gaelic origin), meaning "dark hair".
38. Maeve- (Irish origin), meaning "one who intoxicates".
39. Moira- (Greek origin), meaning "fate". The three greek Goddesses of fate are named Moira.
40. Mona- (Italian origin), meaning "lady".
41. Niala- (Irish origin), meaning "beautiful". The name belongs to the Firbolg forest wife.
42. Saoirse- (Irish origin), meaning "freedom".
43. Slaine- (Gaelic origin), meaning "health".
44. Velika - (Croatian origin), meaning "big".
Kidadl has lots of great names articles to inspire you. If you liked our suggestions for Firbolg Names then why not take a look at Tortle Names, or for something different take a look at Blue Dragon Names.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.