'Star Wars' as a media franchise is a "force" to be reckoned with.
There is not a single soul familiar with pop culture who hasn't heard the name 'Star Wars'. Its fame has reached out to millions all over the world.
The Star Wars series is loved by many people all over the world and it has defined many later sci-fi movies. If you're a young padawan looking to name your pup after a 'Star Wars' character, you're in the right place.
Star Wars Girl Dog Names
Here is a list of the female names for your girl pup from 'Star Wars'.
1. Aayla (Hindi Origin) meaning “light” is the name of Aayla Secura, a Twi’lek a strong Jedi.
2. Allana (Irish Origin) meaning “dear child”, Han and Leia’s granddaughter.
3. Allara (Australian Origin) meaning "sunlight", a youngling who trained as a Jedi.
4. Allie (English Origin) meaning "nobility," was another Jedi General in the 'Clone Wars'.
5. Amidala (Italian Origin) meaning "beautiful flower" is the second name of Padme.
6. Amilyn (American Origin) meaning "powerful and complete"; a close friend of Princess Leia.
7. Asajj (Japanese Origin) meaning "royalty"; a powerful Sith.
8. Ashoka (Sanskrit Origin) meaning "without sorrow"; a Jedi student of Anakin Skywalker.
9. Aurra (Latin Origin) meaning "dawn"; a Bounty Hunter.
10. Barris (Welsh Origin) meaning "son of Harry"; A Jedi.
11. Beru (Japanese Origin) meanings "bell"; Luke Skywalker's aunt.
12. Breha (Welsh Origin) meaning “young warrior”; the adoptive mother of Leia.
13. Carasynthia (Irish Origin) meaning "friend"; A rebel fighter from the 'Mandalorian'.
14. Carrie (American Origin) meaning "free". Carrie Fisher, the actress who played Princess Leia.
15. Daisy (English Origin) meaning "purity". Daisy Ridley, the English actress who plays Rey.
16. Eisley (Swiss Origin) meaning "cheerful"; the name of a spaceship on the planet Tatooine.
17. Emilia (Latin Origin) meaning "to excel" is the name of Emilia Clarke who plays Qi'ra.
18. Estrella (Spanish Origin) meaning “star” appears in the word "estrella la muerte" which is the Spanish for Death Star, a planet-destroying weapon.
19. Felicity (English Origin) meaning "happiness". Felicity Jones who embodies Jyn Erso.
20. Fennec (Arabic Origin) meaning "fox" is an elite assassin from 'Mandalorian'.
21. Gwendoline (Welsh Origin) meaning "fair" and "blessed". Gwendoline Christie who plays Captain Phasma.
22. Hera (Greek Origin) meaning “protector” was a skilled female pilot in 'Star Wars Rebel'.
23. Jaina (Hebrew Origin) meaning "God is gracious" is a character from the 'Legend series'.
24. Jocasta (Greek Origin) meaning "shining moon" is the Chief Librarian of the Jedi archives and a powerful fighter.
25. Jyn (English Origin) meaning "gift of God". Jyn Erso led 'Rogue One'.
26. Kelly (American Origin) meaning "warrior". Kelly Marie Tran played Rose in 'The Last Jedi'.
27. Kiera (English Origin) meaning "dark". Kiera Swan who played a female Weequay pirate.
28. Leia (Hebrew Origin) meaning “weary” who was the First Lady of Star Wars, Leia Organa.
29. Luminara (Spanish Origin) meaning "child of the stars"; a Jedi master.
30. Luna (Latin Origin) meaning “moon” Diego Luna portrayed Cassian Andor.
31. Lyra (Latin Origin) meaning "lyre". Jyn Erso’s mother.
32. Mara (Hebrew Origin) meaning "strength"; a character who appears in many 'Star Wars' video games.
33. Mari (Hebrew Origin) meaning "bitter"; a youngling training to become a Jedi.
34. Maz (New Zealand Origin) meaning "inner strength" was a wise and energetic character from 'The Force Awakens'.
35. Natalie (French Origin) meaning "birthday of the Lord"; Natalie Portman who played Padme Amidala.
36. Nomi (English Origin) meaning "my delight"; a great Jedi master.
37. Numa (Latin Origin) meaning "a king of Rome"; a Twilek child.
38. Padme (SanskritOrigin) meaning “lotus flower”; was the mother of the twins, Leia and Luke.
39. Pluma (Latin Origin) meaning "feather" Pluma Sodi was a female Kage. One of the cutest 'Star Wars' dog names.
40. Qi'ra (Arabic Origin) meaning "orate" was a significant figure in 'Solo: A Star Wars Story'.
41. Rebel (English Origin) meaning "defiant person"; associated with Rebel Alliance. One of the best 'Star Wars' dog names.
42. Rey (Spanish Origin) meaning "king"; the protagonist, Rey in 'The Force Awakens'.
43. Rose (Latin Origin) meaning "famous type"; a pilot flying with the Rebel Alliance.
44. Sabine (French Origin) meaning "woman" Sabine Wren who was a Mandalorian by birth.
45. Shmi (Hindu Origin) meaning "the goddess of wealth and purity"; was the mother of Anakin Skywalker.
46. Sky (Scandinavian Origin) meaning "atmosphere seen from Earth," is a Star Wars name derived from the iconic Skywalker family.
47. Star (English Origin) meaning "luminous astronomical object seen in the night sky" The deadly weapon 'Death Star'.
48. Storm (British Origin) meaning "tempest"; Storm Troopers from the 'Star Wars' universe.
49. Tallie (Gaelic Origin) meaning "peaceable" is a talented fighter pilot in the Resistance in 'The Last Jedi'.
50. Tionne (Latin Origin) meaning "princess"; one of the first students of Luke Skywalker.
Star Wars Boy Dog Names
Here is a list of the male names for your boy pup from 'Star Wars'.
51. Ackbar (Muslim Origin) meaning "greater"; a character from 'Return of the Jedi'.
52. Anakin (Fictional Origin) meaning “warrior”; Anakin Skywalker, Darth Vader's birth name.
53. Artoo (Fictional Origin) meaning "Second Generation Robotic Droid Series-2". An iconic droid. The cutest dog name.
54. Beebee (Fictional Origin) meaning "Ball-Bot"; BB8, a famous 'Star Wars' droid.
55. Ben (Hebrew Origin) meaning "son of" is the pet name of Obi-Wan Kenobi and also the name of Han and Leia’s son. A great name for a 'Star Wars' dog.
56. Blaster (Fictional Origin) meaning "laser Gun" is a commonly used weapon in the 'Star Wars' universe.
57. Boba Fett (Chinese Origin) meaning "tapioca balls"; the legendary bounty hunter, Boba Fett. A fitting dog name for a 'Star Wars' dog.
58. Bodhi (Sanskrit Origin) meaning "awakened" is a character known for his courage and will who is considered to be the original rogue Empire Kid.
59. C-3PO (Fictional Origin) meaning "Cyborg 3 Protocol"; a famous droid in the franchise.
60. Bane (English Origin) meaning "killer" Cad Bane, a bounty hunter.
61. Caedus (Unknown Origin) meaning "to sacrifice", Darth Caedus from the dark side.
62. Cassian (WelshOrigin) meaning “curly-headed”; a rebel from 'Rogue One'.
63. Chewie (American Origin) meaning "likes to chew"; nickname of Chewbacca; one of the best dog names. Also tops the list of 'Star Wars' puns names.
64. Dameron (French Origin) meaning 'very refined person'. The second name of Poe is an excellent choice for a first name too. It sounds trendy, cool, and chic.
65. Darth (American Origin) meaning "dark", the most famous Star Wars villain from the dark side, Darth Vader.
66. Dooku - Count Dooku; one of the most ominous but cute-sounding 'Star War' names for dogs.
67. Falcon (English Origin) meaning "a bird", the trusty and legendary starship of Han Solo. One of the greatest 'Star Wars' names for Dogs.
68. Finn (Irish Origin) meaning "white" is the name of a former Stormtrooper who joined the Resistance.
69. Force (French Origin) meaning "physical strength," is the Power of the Cosmos.
70. Ford (English Origin) meaning “river crossing,”; last name of Han Solo actor, Harrison Ford.
71. George (Greek Origin) meaning “farmer”; the creator of 'Star Wars', George Lucas.
72. Han (Hebrew Origin) meaning "God is gracious"; is the first name of the most famously loved character, Han Solo.
73. Harrison (English Origin) meaning “son of Harry” Harrison Ford played Han Solo.
74. Hux (English Origin) meaning "hook" is the name of General Hux.
75. Jabba (African Origin) meaning "frock"; the famous character, Jabba the Hutt.
76. Jacen (Greek Origin) meaning "healer", Jacen Solo, a Sith Lord.
77. Jakku (Fictional Origin) meaning unknown; a planet where Rey initially lived as a Scavenger.
78. Jedi (Hebrew Origin) meaning "beloved by God"; the warriors with a sensitivity to the Force.
79. Kanata (Japanese Origin) meaning "distant"; the surname of Maz, a wise smuggler.
80. Kenobi (Scottish Origin) meaning "Jesus Christ" Obi-wan Kenobi was the mentor of.
81. Kylo (American Origin) meaning "sky"; Kylo Ren, a follower of Snoke.
82. Luke (English Origin) meaning “light-giving”; Luke Skywalker, a Jedi who was the son of Darth Vader and Padme Amidala.
83. Lando (Spanish Origin) meaning "famous land"; the character Lando Calrissian.
84. Mace Windu(English Origin) meaning "Gift Of God", the famous Jedi, mace Windu.
85. Obi (African Origin) meaning "heart"; legendary Jedi master and mentor to Luke Skywalker.
86. Orson (English Origin) meaning "bear cub"; the original director of the Death Star.
87. Owen (Welsh Origin) meaning “young warrior”; Luke’s uncle.
88. Padawan (Fictional Origin) meaning "Jedi learner"; is one of the perfect 'Star Wars' names for dogs.
89. Poe (English Origin) meaning "peacock"; Peo Dameron, a Resistance Leader.
90. Ren (Japanese Origin) meaning "water lily" is Ben Solo’s dark side name, Kylo Ren. A fitting dog name.
91. Saber (French Origin) meaning "sword"; one of the most iconic weapons used by a Jedi. A great dog name.
92. Skywalker (American Origin) meaning "one who walks on the sky"; the surname of the Skywalker family.
93. Snoke (American Origin) meaning "pike"; Supreme Leader of the First Order.
94. Solo (German Origin) meaning "peace"; the iconic character, Han Solo. Could be the best dog name ever.
95. Speeder (English Origin) meaning "fast vehicle"; a vehicle used by Rey.
96. Trooper (French Origin) meaning “police officer”, derived from the name of the soldiers of the First Order called Storm Troopers.
97. Vader (Fictional Origin) meaning "father"; the Dark Lord, Darth Vader.
98. Walker (English Origin) meaning “hardworking”; the most famous name associated with 'Star Wars'.
99. Wooley (English Origin) meaning "wolf"; a clone trooper who had served in the Grand Army of the Republic.
100. Yoda (American Origin) meaning "warrior"; name of the most famous and the strongest Jedi master of all time.
Kidadl has lots of great names articles to inspire you. If you liked our suggestions for Star Wars Dog Names then why not take a look at Zabrak Names, or for something different take a look at Names That Mean Star.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things, that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it's important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration for everything from family days out to online classes, arts, crafts and science experiments. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Kidadl is supported by you, the users. When you buy through the links on our site we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
All prices and product availability were correct at the time of publication.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.