Are you looking for a traditional name for your baby or something more popular?
We have rounded up 40 of the best girl names which end in on. From around the world, these names are all unique in their way and are perfect for a baby girl.
Each of the names on our list, also include the origins of the name and the meanings behind them. So you can find the perfect name for your baby girl.
Popular Baby Girl Names Ending In On
Suppose you're looking for a popular girls' name for your baby which also ends in on. You have come to the right place! Here are some of the most popular girl names that end in on.
1. Addison (English origin) Addison is a baby name meaning 'child of Adam'. Addison consists of several spellings including Adison and Adisen.
2. Addyson (American origin) another spelling of the name Addison, which is a popular name in the USA.
3. Cameron (Scottish origin) although the name Cameron is gender-neutral, the name Cameron was made famous by celebrity Cameron Diaz. Despite the name meaning 'bent nose.'
4. Emerson (German origin) the original meaning of Emerson is 'son of Emery' and is raising in popularity.
5. Madison (English origin) Madison is one of the top names on the list of girl names ending in on, meaning 'son of Matthew'.
6. Rhiannon (Welsh origin) a Welsh name which has the meaning 'divine queen', perfect for your little princess.
7. Shannon (Irish origin) one of the top names in the list and it means 'little wise owl' in Irish.
Traditional Names Ending In On
If you have a soft spot for more traditional names, we've got some lovely traditional names for your baby girl. These names are not always typical but have traditional roots.
8. Alison (English origin) the name Alison means 'Son of The Noble One' which became a popular girls name in the mid-twentieth century.
9. Hae-Won (Korean origin) a traditional Korean name which means 'of grace and head'.
10. Ffion (Welsh origin) The name Ffion is pronounced like FEE-on and is a Welsh name traditionally meaning 'foxglove.'
11. Jazmon (Persian origin) Jazmon translates to 'gift from God' and is a lovely girl name ending in on.
12. Karon (Danish origin) a name meaning 'pure'. But it is also the Danish variation of the name Katherine.
13. Kirston (Scandinavian origin) A version of the name Christine in Scandinavia.
14. Raison (French origin) a lovely pick of baby names meaning 'thinker.'
15. Saffron (English origin) a name that means 'yellow flower'.
16. Sharon (Hebrew origin) Sharon translates to 'in the holy land of Sharon'.
17. Solon (Greek origin) a name that means 'wise'. A perfect choice of name for a baby.
Names After Places Ending In On
Using the name of a place as a name for your baby is becoming increasingly popular. Here are our top picks of baby names which are also names of places ending in on.
18. Brighton (English origin) a name after the seaside town of Brighton in the UK which means 'From The Bright Town.'
19. Dayton (English origin) suitable for both a girl and a boy, the name Dayton has the meaning 'a town full of sunshine.'
20. Devon (Irish origin) the name Devon is a place in Britain, but also means Poet in Irish.
21. London (English origin) a name which has the definition of 'fortress of the moon'. However, it is also popular due to the capital city of Great Britain.
22. Zion (Hebrew origin) the meaning of Zion is 'highest point' and is also a biblical place name.
Two Syllable Names Ending In On
Are you looking for a name which has a certain number of syllables? We have some of the top two syllable names ending in on for you.
23. Ashton (English origin) meaning 'Ash Tree Town' this a unisex name, however, it is currently soaring in popularity as a girls' name.
24. Falon (Irish origin) Falon is a girls' name which translates to 'the leader'.
25. IIon (Greek origin) translates to 'light' and is one of the best girl names ending in on.
26. Lennon (Irish origin) an Irish name which means 'lover'. Lennon is also the surname of the famous musician John Lennon.
27. Nanon (French origin) one of the French baby girl names meaning 'grace'.
28. Sion (Welsh origin) a Welsh variation of Joanna
Three Syllable Names Ending In On
If you are looking for more than two syllables, why not check out our picks for these lovely names consisting of three syllables that end with on.
29. Battzion (Israeli origin) a girls name used in Israel which hosts the meaning 'daughter of Zion.'
30. Briannon (Celtic origin) the name Briannon means 'strong, she ascends' and is the feminine version of the name Brian.
31. Camaron (English origin) the girl name Camaron has the meaning of 'spiritual one.'
32. Remington (English origin) meaning of Remington is 'place on a riverbank.'
Unique Girls' Names Ending In On
If you are searching for a unique name, here are our favourite unique names—that end with on from around the globe.
33. Carmon (English origin) a name which originated in England. When translated, it means 'unique'.
34. Caron (English origin) the name Caron has the meaning of 'loving and kind'.
35. Ellison (English origin) Ellison translates to 'Son of Elias'.
36. Halcyon (Greek origin) meaning 'Kingfisher bird' after the mythical bird Halcyone who could calm the seas.
37. Landon (English origin) is a girls name which means 'long hill', that ends in on.
38. Moon (American origin) a fascinating baby name which means 'from the moon.'
39. Shevon (Gaelic origin) has the meaning of 'God is gracious' and also a variation of Joan.
40. Tarragon (Latin origin) a girls' name of Latin root which means 'aromatic'
41. Yon (Korean origin) a girls' name ending in on that translates as a 'lotus blossom'.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things, that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it's important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration for everything from family days out to online classes, arts, crafts and science experiments. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Kidadl is supported by you, the users. When you buy through the links on our site we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
All prices and product availability were correct at the time of publication.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.