We've put together a list of tennis one liners, knock knock jokes and question and answer tennis jokes to fill your summer household with giggles.
Tennis Facts You Didn't Know
Let's start with a few fun tennis facts to begin the match!
-Tennis courts were originally an hourglass shape until 1875, when the rectangular courts were brought in for the Wimbledon tennis tournament.
-Tennis players can wear all sorts of exciting tennis gear when playing in tournaments, but for Wimbledon they must wear traditional white tennis clothes.
-The Wimbledon tennis courts have a surface that made of grass but there are a few other types of tennis court. Some surfaces are made of a synthetic material and some tennis court surfaces are made of clay.
-An average of 42,000 tennis balls are used during a single year of Wimbledon!
-The tennis balls are bright neon colours so they can be clearly seen during the tennis match.
-There are four very important tennis tournaments, these include Wimbledon, the US Open, the Australian Open and the French Open.
-Tennis is scored in an unusual way, as to win the match you have to be the first tennis player to get four points. Zero points is called 'love' , first point is '15' then '30' and finally '40'. If both players are on the same score this is called 'deuce'. Learn more about tennis here.
So, let's get going and have a ball, a tennis ball, with these tennis jokes!
Knock-Knock Tennis Jokes
We hope your mini tennis player raises a racket with these hilarious tennis knock-knock jokes!
You're stringing me along.
2) Knock, knock!
4) Knock, knock!
Tennis my favourite number!
5) Knock, knock!
Tennis is five plus five!
6) Knock, knock!
Annette in the middle of a tennis court!
7) Tennis is like waiting tables. The first serve is the most important thing to get right.
8) They should change the scoring system, but the sport doesn't see the point and is set in its ways.
9) You're so mean about my tennis strokes. I won't hear anymore of your backhanded compliments.
10) Continental: My favourite type of breakfast and tennis grip.
11) The best time for a game is around tenn-ish.
12) The neon green ball came towards me. I swung for it and then all I could see was fuzzy.
13) Two racquets started dating. Unfortunately, one was stringing the other along.
14) My neighbour hates tennis because he says it makes too much racquet.
15) Backhanded compliments was the reason the tennis player didn't get any dates.
16) The one animal that won't play tennis is a fish because they won't go near the net.
17) If someone asks me what comes before tennis I say say nine-ish.
18) When tennis players stop playing tennis they go to Volley-wood.
19) A horse’s favourite sport is stable tennis.
20) I think tennis is great because you live just once but in tennis you can serve twice.
Question and Answer Tennis Jokes
21) Why is it not a good idea to date a tennis player?
Love means nothing to them.
22) Where did the tennis player go to become a famous singer?
23) Why does Cinderella always lose at Tennis?
Because her coach was a pumpkin.
24) What did the bar man say to the tennis ball when he walked into the bar?
Are you being served?
25) What to you call a silent game of tennis?
Tennis without the racket.
26) What did the tennis coach call his daughter?
27) How can you tell how much tennis rackets cost?
Calculate their net worth.
28) Which tennis tournament never closes?
The U.S. Open.
29) What's the girl in the middle of the tennis court called?
30) What animal hates playing tennis?
Fish. Because they can't get close to the net.
31) How many tennis players does it take to change a light bulb?
None. None of them will admit that the bulb was out.
32) Why was the tennis court so loud?
Because all the players raised a racket.
33) Where do people that play tennis go on a date?
A tennis ball.
34) Where do ghosts play tennis?
On a tennis corpse!
35) What do you serve but not eat?
A tennis ball.
36) Why was the tennis club’s website not working?
They had problems with their server.
37) What did the tennis ball shout when in was on the tennis court?
What's all that racket?
38) What was Serena Williams’ favourite number?
Tenn-is her favourite number.
39) What time does Roger Federer go to bed?
40) When does an English tennis match end?
When it’s Wimble-DONE
41) Which state in American has the most tennis players?
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things, that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it's important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration for everything from family days out to online classes, arts, crafts and science experiments. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Kidadl is supported by you, the users. When you buy through the links on our site we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
All prices and product availability were correct at the time of publication.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.