Here at Kidadl, we're always thinking about food.
And kids are sure to enjoy seeing this humble food 'rice' to the occasion - did you know that the Great Wall of China is held together by a paste made using sticky rice flour? Enjoy!
These rice related puns will keep the whole family laughing.
1. I opened my birthday card and a load of rice poured out. It was from Uncle Ben!
2. I was out for dinner when other diners started throwing rice. Before I knew it, a pilau fight had broken out!
3. What did one grain say to the other when they went out for a date? You look really rice!
4. I’m going out for a curry with a friend, but she can’t eat rice. She’s basmatic!
5. I was arguing with a friend over a curry when the waiter came over and grabbed the poppadoms and rice. I really wish he’d stop taking sides!
6. Last night, I dreamt I was eating a curry and when I woke up, my pilau was missing!
7. I heard an outlandish tale all about rice but, thinking about it, I don’t think there was a grain of truth in it!
8. What did the fried rice say to the egg? Don’t you dare wok away from me!
9. A famous beauty company have started to add rice to their face masks: it makes them easier to Pilaf!
10. Words to live by: we are all human beans - and together we will rice!
11. I accidentally spilled rice on my headphones. Now all my music sounds grainy!
12. When I was little, I think I ate too many Rice Krispies. Now all my body does is snap, crackle and pop!
13. What's the best kind of rice to sleep on? Pilau!
14. How did the diner feel when he put too much sauce on his rice? He was over-soyed!
15. How do you tame wild rice? Using a very small saddle!
16. What's the one thing Spiderman isn't allowed to eat? Uncle Ben's rice!
17. How does rice say goodbye? I hope to see you a-grain soon!
18. Did you hear that Uncle Ben has died? No more Mr Rice Guy!
19. What's the name of the Greek philosopher who loves rice? Arisotto!
20. What did the potato say to the rice on his birthday? Sup-rice!
21. Did you know that rice helps to improve your memory? Just some food for thought!
22. What did the rice farmer say as he was working hard in the fields? No pain, no grain!
Tickle your funny bone with these sushi related puns.
23. What do you get when you cross fish and rice with a stiletto? Shoe-shi!
24. Why wouldn't the sushi chef serve the musician? Because he was out of tuna!
25. My friend is a sushi chef and he earns a lot of money. He even drives a Rolls-Rice!
26. What's the best pan to make sushi in? Japan!
27. I don't trust sushi. It's a little fishy, if you ask me!
28. I know absolutely everything there is to know about sushi. I'm an a-fish-onado!
29. What did the sushi say when he introduced himself to the avocado? Rice to meet you!
30. What does sushi say in the morning? Rice and shine!
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things, that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it's important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration for everything from family days out to online classes, arts, crafts and science experiments. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Kidadl is supported by you, the users. When you buy through the links on our site we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
All prices and product availability were correct at the time of publication.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.