Psychology has become one of the most popular subjects studied at school, what could be more interesting than the inner workings of our brains?
For anyone going to therapy, taking classes in psychology or just interested in the topic, these funny psychology puns and psychiatry puns help us to open up conversations, share our feelings and support each other. At the same time, we hope these jokes give you a bit of a giggle.
Puns About Psychologists
Studying psychology sometimes feels like there are a thousand different psychologist names thrown at you, but don't worry - there are loads of funny psychologist puns too.
1. I Kant even.
2. So Milgram - he's a bit shocking, don't you think?
3. Some people think psychologists aren't real scientists. They think they're all Freuds.
4. Does the name Pavlov ring any bells?
5. I want to be forever Jung.
6. Pavlov's hair was so soft because he always conditioned it.
7. I'm a Freud you aren't getting any Junger.
8. Someone asked me how many psychologists it takes to change a light bulb. The question is completely relative - it depends if the light bulb wants to change.
Psychology Therapy Puns
Choosing to get support for our mental health is one of the best things we can do for ourselves, and it can be an emotional ride. These hilarious therapist puns allow us to have a giggle at the same time.
9. I brought my therapist a cake. He thinks I'm having a mental bake down.
10. I've just started a therapy group for procrastinators. We haven't conducted our first session yet.
11. The recessive gene decided to start genetic therapy. It wanted to learn how to express itself.
12. There was a sign up in the hospital that said, "Therapy can help torture victims." Doesn't sound like a good idea to me.
13. I didn't know how to cheer my puppy up after he lost his tail. My psychology teacher suggested retail therapy.
14. I joined a new therapy group for loneliness. Nobody turned up.
15. At first I thought the therapy I was getting for Stockholm syndrome was useless, but I'm starting to like it.
16. My dog's just become a therapy dog, I'm so proud of her. She's got her dogtorate and everything.
17. Waldo decided it was time for him to go to therapy. He wanted to find himself.
18. Donald Trump's wife is disappointed about his progress in couple's therapy. All he does is build walls.
19. The Russian doll had to go to therapy. She was far too full of herself.
20. I started going to the Hokey-Pokey clinic. I'm really trying to turn myself around.
21. I went to a therapist because my girlfriend said I had too big an ego. I think it worked, I'm feeling way better than anyone else today.
22. When I was younger, my parents sent me to a child psychologist. I don't get why - that kid taught me nothing.
23. My therapist has worked it out - I'm too aFreud to love.
24. My therapist told me to shut out everyone negative that reminds me of my past. I've not gone back for three weeks, I'm starting to feel a lot better.
25. I asked my therapist to validate my parking. She told me I did a great job.
These funny jokes help us to normalise the experiences we share, so we can open up conversations and give and get the support we need.
26. After my clear out my book shelf started feeling very empty. I think it might have developed shelf awareness.
27. The difference between between ignorance and apathy? Don't know, don't care.
28. I have an anxiety disorder. It means I panic when I do something out of order.
29. I take psychiatric medication. It doesn't feel as bad as stealing it.
30. Lots of people believe in me. That scares me, I always knew I was real.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things, that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it's important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration for everything from family days out to online classes, arts, crafts and science experiments. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Kidadl is supported by you, the users. When you buy through the links on our site we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
All prices and product availability were correct at the time of publication.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.