Did you know that the Ancient Egyptians and the Romans invented pie? The tough pie crust worked like an ancient lunchbox, keeping people's food fresh.
Pie became so important in the UK that seventeenth century revolutionary Oliver Cromwell even banned mince pies at Christmas for being too luxurious. What a killjoy!
Luckily, these days we get tasty edible pie crusts and proper containers for our lunches and mince pies are legal again. People everywhere still like a good pie, and we've collected 30 of the best pie puns you'll love.
Fruit Pie Puns
Everyone will want a piece of the pie with these funny pie puns.
1. A raspberry pie sent a Valentine. "Pie love you berry much", it said.
2. A pumpkin pie won a beauty contest. It was absolutely gourd-geous.
3. I dropped my phone in some pastry without noticing and put it in the oven. I made an Apple pie.
4. A blueberry pie went to the pie doctor. "I've been filling blue lately," it said.
5. The baby apple pie wanted to know how to read. It went to pie-mary school.
6. I ate too much pumpkin pie. I've got autumn-y ache.
7. Pie often has fruit in the middle, but pa-pie-a's a fruit with pie in the middle.
8. It was the ghost's turn to cook. She baked boo-berry pie with I-scream.
What happens when a pie, a cake and a bread loaf hang out together? Our list of dessert puns you'll want to tell everyone, of course!
9. A pie and a cake got into a fight. "You want a piece of me?" yelled the pie.
10. The baker's wife asked for bread. "Sorry," he said. "I only have pies for you."
11. A dessert dreamed of flying. It was pie in the sky.
12. A pie full of candy was always kind. She was a sweetie pie.
13. A pudding wanted to go to the bathroom but a pie beat her to it. The stall was occu-pie-d.
14. A fruit pie and a crumble ran away and got married. They lived apple-ly ever after.
15. A baker lined up pies to measure how many of each kind were left. He made a pie chart.
You'll treasure these funny pie-rate jokes.
16. A captain told his crew not to bother with treasure, just raid the kitchens and steal the desserts. He was a pie-rate.
17. One slice of pie is £2 in the Bahamas and £2.50 in Jamaica. Those are the pie-rates of the Caribbean.
18. A sailor made sure his pumpkins were always buckled in safely when he started the car. He was a squash-buckling pirate.
19. Some pirates fell overboard and washed up on a beach made of pie and cake. It was a dessert island.
Silly Pie Puns
It's a piece of cake - sorry, pie - to make your friends laugh with every one of these silly pie puns.
20. A mad inventor built a machine made of candy canes with wheels made of pie. It was a pie-cycle.
21. A mother pie wanted her kids to fall asleep, so she sang a lulla-pie.
22. Everyone who sees this pie says "Awww". It's a cutie pie.
23. A kid was snacking in PE, and missed an easy catch. The teacher said, "Keep your pie on the ball."
24. The pie couldn't crust his friend after he found out he had lied to him before.
25. A pie went to the dentist. He needed a filling.
26. A pie signed up for yoga but didn't like it. It did pie-lates instead.
27. I had a shepherd's pie for dinner. The shepherd was furious.
28. A chef needed some puff pastry. She made a meat pie run laps.
29. A lady hid her letters in pastry. She liked her pie-vacy.
30. A pie went into a café one day and asked for a sandwich. "Sorry," said the owner. "We don't serve food."
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things, that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it's important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration for everything from family days out to online classes, arts, crafts and science experiments. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Kidadl is supported by you, the users. When you buy through the links on our site we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
All prices and product availability were correct at the time of publication.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.