Did you know that 70% of the Earth's surface is covered by oceans and a massive 95% of the ocean remains undiscovered?!
There is no wonder kids are so fascinated by the world under the sea! We’re sharing 52 ocean jokes that are ‘shore’ to give the kids a good giggle! So, ‘water’ you waiting for?!
Knock Knock Jokes
Let’s dive straight in with these ocean-themed knock-knock jokes!
1) Knock knock
Kelp me! I’m drowning!
2) Knock, knock
Water you waiting for? Open the door!
3) Knock, knock
Question And Answer
These fin-tastic ocean jokes will ‘reely’ get the kids chuckling!
4) How do you make an octopus laugh? With TEN-tickles!
5) Why did the lobsters blush? Because the sea weed!
6) What does a dolphin say when he’s confused? Can you please be more Pacific?!
7) What did the ocean say to the shore? Nothing it just waved!
8) What kind of hair do oceans have? Wavy!
9) Where does a mermaid keep her money? In the riverbank!
10) Where is the ocean the deepest? At the bottom!
11) Which are the strongest creatures in the ocean? Mussels!
12) What lies at the bottom of the ocean and twitches? A nervous wreck!
13) Why are goldfish orange? Because the water makes them rusty!
14) Who keeps the ocean clean? The mermaid!
15) Why don’t mermaids play tennis? Because they might get caught in the net!
16) What kind of horse can swim underwater? A seahorse!
17) Why do whales swim in salt water? Because pepper water makes them sneeze!
18) What did the sand say to the ocean? What are you dune tonight?!
19) How do fish get to school? By octobus!
20) Where do fish sleep? On the sea bed!
21) Why did the fish blush? Because it saw the oceans bottom!
22) Why don’t fish play football? Because they’re scared of nets!
23) What is the worst thing about sea sickness? It come in waves!
24) Why are pirates called pirates? Because they arrrrr!
25) How do you cut the ocean in half? With a sea-saw!
26) What kind of fish goes well with ice cream? Jellyfish!
27) What do mermaids sleep on? Water beds!
28) What is the best tool in the ocean? A hammerhead shark!
29) Why does it take pirates so long to learn the alphabet? Because they spend years at C!
30) Where does a killer whale go for braces? The orca-dontist!
31) What is the difference between a piano and a fish? You can tune a piano but you can’t tuna fish!
32) What do you call a lazy crayfish? A slobster!
33) Why can elephants swim whenever they want to? They always have trunks!
34) Where do ghosts like to go swimming? Lake Eerie or the Dead Sea!
35) What do mussels do on their birthday? They shell-ebrate!
36) Why do scuba divers fall backwards to enter the ocean? If they fell forwards they would just fall into the boat!
37) Why are octopuses good in war? Because they are well armed!
38) Why did the crab never share? Because he’s shellfish!
39) What did the magician say to the fisherman? Pick a cod, any cod!
40) What is a pirates favourite letter for the alphabet? The C!
41) What fish costs the most? A goldfish!
42) Did you hear about the robbers who fell in the sea? They started a crime wave!
43) Who held the baby octopus at ransom? Squidnappers!
44) Why couldn’t the pirate crew play cards? Because the captain was standing on the deck!
45) What do fish and maps have in common? They both have scales!
46) What do you find in the middle of the ocean? The letter “e”.
These clever puns are ‘shore’ to be a big hit with the kids!
47) Whale, hello there!
48) Lost at sea? I’m not shore!
49) I whale always love you!
50) I know a whale joke.. it’s a real killer!
51) I think you’re fintastic!
52) I’m ready to make waves today!
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things, that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it's important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration for everything from family days out to online classes, arts, crafts and science experiments. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Kidadl is supported by you, the users. When you buy through the links on our site we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
All prices and product availability were correct at the time of publication.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.