There's no better sound than that of children's laughter.
Here are 50 silly summer jokes and puns to get you started!
You can also check out our summer related riddles and brain teasers for more summer fun.
1) Why did the newspaper talk to the ice cream? It was looking for the scoop!
2) When do you go at red and stop at green? When you’re eating a watermelon!
3) What did the mum tell her son who wanted to go swimming in the high waves? Let’s wait and sea!
4) Why did the teacher jump into the pool? Because they wanted to test the water!
5) What should a baby wear to go swimming? Pool-ups!
6) What kind of tree fits in your hand? A palm tree!
7) How do you prevent a summer cold? Catch it in the winter!
8) What do bees say in summer? It’s swarm, isn’t it?!
9) Why do robots go on holiday? To recharge their batteries!
10) Why do bananas use sun cream? So they don’t peel!
11) What do you do if you get rejected from a job at a sun cream factory? Re-apply!
12) Why don’t oysters share their pearls? Because they’re shellfish!
13) What is brown, hairy and wear sunglasses? A coconut on its summer holiday!
14) Why did the teacher put on sunglasses? Because their students were so bright!
15) What letter is the coolest? Iced T!
16) What does the sun drink out of? Sunglasses!
17) What do you call a French man wearing flip flops? Phillipe Phloppe.
Kids love animals so jokes revolved around some of their favourite animals are sure to have them in fits of laughter.
18) What is black and white and red all over? A zebra with sunburn!
19) How do you make an octopus laugh? With ten-tickles!
20) Where do sheep go on their holidays? To the Baa-hamas!
21) Where do sharks go on holiday? To Finland!
22) What did the pig say on a hot summers day? I’m bacon!
23) Why do owls prefer summer over autumn? Because it’s too wet to woo!
24) What do sheep do on a hot summers day? Have a baa-baa-que!
25) What is grey has four legs and a trunk? A mouse going on holiday!
26) Why didn’t the elephant buy a suitcase for his summer holiday? Because he already had a trunk!
27) What do whales like to put on their toast? Jellyfish!
28) Where do fish go on their holidays? They don’t, because they are always in school!
29) What do you call seagulls that live near the bay? Bagels!
30) Where do cows go on their summer holiday? Moo York!
31) What happens when you cross a shark with a snowman? Frostbite!
Knock Knock Jokes
Have the kids belly-laughing with these brilliant summer-themed knock-knock jokes.
32) Knock, knock
Gorilla me a hamburger!
33) Knock, knock
Ice cream who?
Ice cream if you don’t let me in!
34) Knock, knock
I’m fine, Hawaii you?
35) Knock, knock
Yoo hoo! Big summer blow out!
36) Knock, knock
Alpaca the suitcase, you load the car!
37) Knock, knock
38) Knock, knock
Fire you I’d put on some more sun cream!
39) Knock, knock
Don you want to go to the beach and check out the waves?
40) Knock, knock
Water you going to wear to the beach?
Summer Holiday Jokes
We all love to be beside the seaside! Here are some more summer puns that will have the whole family in stitches.
41) What did the sea do to the sand? The sand blushed because the sea weed!
42) Where do you learn how to make ice cream? At sundae school!
43) What is the best day to go to the beach? Sunday!
44) What do you call a dog on the beach on a hot summer day? A hot dog!
45) What do you call a witch on a beach? A sandwitch!
46) What did the ocean say to the beach? Nothing, it just waved!
47) Why did detectives show up at the concert at the beach? Because something fishy was going on!
48) What did the beach say to the tide when it came in? Long time no sea!
49) What do you call a snowman on a beach on a hot day? A puddle!
50) Reading while you sunbathe makes you well red!
Summer Puns For Kids
Puns are a great way to not only make your kids laugh but to provide good learning opportunities to teach children why puns are funny and how this can be due to homophones (words that are pronounced the same but have different spellings).
51) Seas the day!
52) We all need some Vitamin-sea
53) Shell we dance?
54) Whale, hello there!
55) Sea you at the beach!
56) It's summer, let's shell-abrate!
57) Long time no sea!
Want some more? Check out our blog for some more family-friendly jokes that you will all love!
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things, that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it's important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration for everything from family days out to online classes, arts, crafts and science experiments. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Kidadl is supported by you, the users. When you buy through the links on our site we may earn a commission.
All prices and product availability were correct at the time of publication.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.