We're sure you'll agree, there's no better way to send your birthday wishes on someone's special day than with some hilarious birthday jokes and a birthday pun or two. If you're sending birthday messages on line, these punny birthday wishes are a great special touch to make getting older, or just plain getting old, that little bit sweeter.
If you can't afford to send birthday gifts to everyone you'd like to, birthday puns are an awesome option that never gets old (unlike the birthday boy or girl!) to wish someone a happy birthday in the funniest way. Not to mention, they're completely free, and we've taken all of the effort out of coming up with the best birthday puns for a totally funny birthday experience. Everyone could do with a bit of light hearted fun as they turn a year older, especially in times like these, so spread the birthday cheer with our list of very best birthday puns. If birthday puns are feeling as flat as a pancake, then why not indulge in our flipping hilarious pancake puns, and if you haven't got your fill of funny jokes for birthdays, check out these 52 cake puns.
Birthday Cake Puns
Our favourite part of a birthday party is without a doubt the cake, so we thought we'd start you off with a slice of the fun.
1. Birthday candles don't exercise, they burn out far too easily.
2. Come on, cake my day!
3. Some only dream of birthday cake, and others bake it happen.
4. As a bud, you really take the birthday cake. Have an awesome one!
5. If no one comes to your party you can have your cake and eat it too.
6. Your birthday cake brings all the boys to the yard.
7. Getting older is no piece of cake, but just try not to think of that when you're blowing out your candles!
8. You make my life so fun-fetti.
9. I tried to offer a teddy bear some birthday cake but he was already too stuffed.
10. I wrote a message on your birthday cake, because I thought you might like to have your cake and read it too.
11. Celebrating you is a piece of cake.
12. You take the cake.
13. Nothing holds a candle to you.
14. So glad you're still alive and cake-ing.
Funny Birthday Wishes
The best birthday gifts are those that come with a giggle, and these birthday wishes are the funniest way to wish someone a great day.
15. You are the apple of my eye, I think you're awesome to the core.
16. I hope you have a flantastic birthday.
17. You batter believe I'm wishing you a happy birthday!
18. Because it's your birthday, I scent you your favourite perfume.
19. It's sherbet day.
20. You feta have a gouda birthday (sorry if this message is too cheesy).
21. Dim-sum body say it's your birthday?
22. Have a bear-y good birthday.
23. Happy anni-birth-sary.
24. Happy oldieth birthday!
25. Sound the a-llama, it's your birthday!
26. Happy birthday dough you.
27. Thanks for raisin me well, you're a grape parent.
28. Olive you.
29. I hope you have a purr-fect birthday.
30. Yoda best friend I could hope for. Happy birthday!
31. Happy birthday to a paw-some buddy.
Take the limelight on your special day with these seriously funny birthday puns.
32. This whole birthday thing is getting kind of old, don't you think?
33. Forget the past, you can't change it. Forget the future too, you can't predict it. Forget the present while you're at it. I didn't get you one.
34. There's nothing better than the presence of friends and family on your birthday, except from presents from friends and family.
35. I wanted to write some chemistry puns in your card, but I wasn't sure if I'd get a reaction.
36. I got you some birthday chocolates, but they aren't half as sweet as you.
37. Diamonds are forever, that's how long I'll be paying off your birthday earrings.
38. I will never dessert you.
39. Let's give you a clam-style birthday and have a big shell-ebration.
40. Because it's your birthday, alpaca my party hat.
41. If you want to say happy birthday to a sheep in Spain, it's "fleece cumpleanos."
42. I thought you meant you wanted my presence, not my presents... oops.
43. It's always warm on your birthday, because people always toast you.
44. Birthdays are getting sort of old now, don't you agree?
45. I was going to get you a present, but I decided this folded paper would show how much I card about you.
46. How to say happy birthday to your goldfish: tell him "I hope you have a fin-tastic day."
47. I know you were upset when I got you a My Little Pony when you asked for a real pony. But you shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth.
48. During my speech I'm going to give you a toast of your own medicine.
49. I hope you like your birthday pheasant.
50. Did you know that dogs age even faster than humans? And you think you have it ruff!
51. I hope you like your toast, I got a good loaf of bread for it.
52. Have a howling good time at your birthday party, but don't wolf down your birthday cake too quickly.
53. Kids are so easy to buy for. My younger sister said she loves anything Frozen. I got her some frozen peas and pop tarts, can't wait to see the look on her face.
54. I said to my cat, "I'm wishing mew a happy birthday".
55. My girlfriend asked for a ring for her birthday, so I don't know why she hung up the phone when I called.
56. My girlfriend looked disappointed when I gave her a pack of cards. I don't get why, she asked for something with diamonds in it.
57. You know you're getting old when the cake says, "candle with care."
58. Candles love birthdays. They want to get lit.
59. Your birthday is what you bake it.
60. Grandpa I've bought you a gift you'll never be able to part with. It's a comb.
61. Age only matters when you're cheese, and you look gouda to me.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of great family-friendly puns for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for funny birthday puns then why not take a look at 50 Ho-Ho-Hilarious Christmas puns and jokes for kids, or for something different take a look at this DIY pop-up birthday cake card.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.