Animal puns are great fun for kids, and a surprising number of jokes about goats fall into this category!
Why do we all love a goat joke? For starters, there's definitely something about them that's innately funny (those beards, those horns) - plus their babies are called kids, which is a punchline right there.
They've long been a fixture in fairy tales (think the Three Billy Goats Gruff), so they're already a big win with kids.
If you're looking for some funny goat puns, you're in luck, as we've drawn up an ultimate list, so get your fill of super-funny goat gags below!
There's no end of funny goat quips out there, so get stuck into this brilliant bunch.
1. Why is it so hard to have a good conversation with a goat? Because they are always butting in.
2. What do you call a mountain goat? A hill-billy.
3. What did the goat who was very bored say? Meh!
4. How do you stop a goat charging? You have to unplug it.
5. What farm animal is always in trouble? The scape-goat, of course.
6. What do you get when you ask a goat to DJ at your party? A sick bleat.
7. What do you call a baby goat who is sleeping? A kid-napper.
8. What do Billies like to eat for breakfast? Goatmeal.
9. What do you call a goat who works in the chip shop? A battering ram.
10. What's a kid's favourite TV show? Britain's Goat Talent.
11. What do you call a baby goat who is good at martial arts? The Karate Kid.
12. What do you call a beard on a billy? A goatee.
14. Where do goat journalists usually work? Bleat Street.
15. How do you stop a goat from charging? You take his credit card away.
16. Why was the farmer in such a bad mood? Because someone got his goat.
17. Which musical do billy goats like the best? Joseph and his Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat.
18. What did the kid say when he woke up on a train? I have no idea how I goat here.
19. What did the young goats say to the farmer when they were caught playing a prank on the farmer? Sorry, we were just kidding.
20. What did the sheep say when the billy ate her dinner? You have goat to be kidding me.
21. What did the angry farmer say to the animal thief? You've really got my goat now.
22. What's a kid's favourite nursery rhyme? Row, row, row your goat.
Did You Know? Goats were amongst the first ever animals to be tamed by humans, so we've always had something of a close relationship with them. They can even be taught their name, and to come when called. What an animal!
23. Why are goats from France so musical? Because they have French horns.
24. Why did the goat run off a cliff? Because it didn't see the ewe-turn.
25. What do goats like to wear when they do gardening? Kid gloves.
26. What do you call a goat who is dressed up as a clown? A silly billy.
27. What did the goat say to the cow? They've milked us for all we're worth!
28. What did the goat say when her kids were being naughty? I need a good nanny.
29. What did the goat say when he had an argument with his friend? I don't want to butt heads with you.
30. What's the best butter on the farm? A goat.
31. What music do goats like to listen to the best? Baaa-ch.
32. What did Scrooge see when he spent the festive season on the farm? The goats of Christmas past.
33. What does a goat say when he hates Christmas? Baa-humbug.
34. How does a goat sign his Christmas cards? Season's bleatings.
Cele-Billy Goat Puns
Time for some more funny goat puns, so get your head around this silly lot. The word Billy is another one that has tons of pun potential... you just might need a little celebrity knowledge to get them all.
35. What do you call a lazy goat? Billy Idle.
36. Who did goats vote for to be President of the USA? Billy Clinton.
37. What do you call a goat that likes country music? Billy Ray Cyrus.
38. What do you call a goat that is hosting the Oscars? Billy Crystal.
39. What do you call a goat who can play the piano? Billy Joel.
40. What do you call a goat who is at sea? Billy Ocean.
41. What did Bill Murray say when he visited the haunted farm? I ain't afraid of no goats.
42. What do you call a goat that lip-syncs? Billy Vanilli.
A funny one-liner is always a winner- no wonder they're the calling card of many a budding comedian. And if it features goats, all the better in our humble opinion.
43. Did you hear the one about the goat who ate up all the office stationery it was on a staple diet.
44. When milking a goat, always use kid gloves...
45. I told my parents that I wanted to be a goat farmer - but I was only kidding.
46. I got given an adorable baby goat, but it can't bend its knees - they say it's a-cute-kid-knee disorder.
47. Did you hear the one about the guy who herds baby goats for a living - he's great with kids.
48. Goat-puns aren't all baaa-d you know...
Other Goat Jokes
49. Patient: Doctor, doctor - I keep thinking that I'm a goat.
Doctor: How long have you felt like this?
Patient: Ever since I was a kid.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things, that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it's important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration for everything from family days out to online classes, arts, crafts and science experiments. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Kidadl is supported by you, the users. When you buy through the links on our site we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
All prices and product availability were correct at the time of publication.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.