Around Halloween, spooky tales about spirits are commonplace, but did you know that stories related to ghosts have actually been being told since ancient times?
Whilst the aim of these stories is to give others a fright, we thought we would give you a reason to laugh instead by putting together a list of funny, cute and hilarious ghost-related puns. Tell our comical one-liners to other people this Halloween to give them a giggle.
Funny Ghost Puns
It may haunt you if you forgot to read through these fun-spirited puns:
1. The ghost said to the supermodel 'if you've got it, haunt it'.
2. The comedian ghost had everyone in stitches - he was dead funny.
3. When the ghost family got in their car the dad told the kids to fasten their sheet-belts.
4. Ghosts are terrible liars because you can see right through them.
5. The most useless room in a ghost's home in the living room.
6. The ghost was told off when he spook out of turn.
7. The ghoul didn't get his letter on time because it got lost at the ghost office.
8. A boy ghost thought a girl ghost was cute so he asked if she would be his ghoul-friend.
9. The best place for a ghost to go on holiday is The Dead Sea.
10. The ghost had to turn her car around because she reached a dead end.
11. Ghosts drop off their babies at the day-scare centre when they go to work.
You don't want to make any boo-boos by missing out on these funny boo related lines:
12. When the ghost saw his wife he said 'you're not just cute, you're boo-tiful too!'
13. When the ghost blew his nose, lots of boo-gers came out.
14. When the ghost watched a sad movie he started boo-hooing.
15. Panda ghosts love to eat bam-boo.
16. If you see a ghost you should always say 'how do you boo?'
17. When the ghost went to a fancy restaurant, he decided to wear a boo-tie.
18. I feel like I have seen that ghost before...I must have deja boo.
19. The pirate ghost was searching for boo-ty.
20. When they want to relax, ghosts have a boo-ble bath.
21. When it's time to wash their hair, ghosts always use sham-boo.
22. To know if ghosts think you are a good singer or not, you have to listen for any boos.
23. Two ghosts were at a disco. One was having a fa-boo-lous time and the other wanted to boo-gie all night long!
Ghostly Food Puns
These spookily good play on words are related to foods - perfect for telling you while you eat Halloween candy:
24. A ghost's favourite pie flavour is boo-berry.
25. At the Italian restaurant, the ghoul ordered spook-ghetti for his main course.
26. When ghosts visit the seaside, they always get an i-scream.
27. Ghosts always love to eat breakfast in the moaning.
28. When a ghoul makes a roast dinner, he always smothers it in grave-y.
29. For dessert, the ghost made a delicious boo-meringue.
30. I found out yesterday that the Mexican dish ghosts like the most is a boo-rito.
31. The ghost wanted to make a cake but had run out of flour so she had to pop to the ghostery store to buy some more.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things, that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it's important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration for everything from family days out to online classes, arts, crafts and science experiments. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Kidadl is supported by you, the users. When you buy through the links on our site we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
All prices and product availability were correct at the time of publication.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.