In case you don't already know, geology is the science that studies the dynamics and physical histories of the earth - such as land, rocks, minerals, and volcanos, how they change, and the processes which act upon them.
Whether you're a geologist to be, you're simply interested in learning about the topic, or you're actually beginning to study it at school right now, there are plenty of great reasons to be fascinated by geology. It literally helps us explain the history of the planet that we call home!
While the subject itself already manages to provide plenty of material to capture our interests, you may also be pleased to know that there are so many funny geology puns out there that you can learn and share with your classmates, teachers, family, or friends.
We've managed to dig up 40 of the best geology puns out there that will have you cracking up, take a look and see which ones you lava the most!
Mineral And Rock Puns
If you like a good old mineral or rock pun, don't leave everyone stony faced, check out our favorite puns about rocks below for you to throw at your friends. Time to rock on!
1. I'm not hungry, I've really lost my apatite recently.
2. Are you starting to get the schist of things?
3. If you want to study geology, you need to be a little boulder!
4. Are you getting tired of these geology puns? My sediments exactly...
5. There are three types of rock. Classic, punk, and hard.
6. Man, geology rocks!
7. Rock puns were much funnier during the stone age.
8. I liked carbon way before it was coal!
9. Geology can be tricky. You must leave no stone unturned.
10. Minerals can't ever lie. They're always in their purest form.
11. If you ever need to find a sleeping rock, just look in the bedrock!
12. Sedimentary rock is always so cheap. It's on shale again today!
13. That's a very gneiss chert you've got on - I love it!
14. Geology is not rocket science. In fact, it's rock science!
15. Wow, these puns are truly marble-ous!
16. You can never stop loving geology, it's ore or nothing!
17. It can get nerve-wracking telling rock puns, there's just so much pressure!
18. You must have really hit rock bottom if you're laughing at all of these puns.
Puns about geologists can be pretty hilarious, and a great way to make your friends and family laugh. We've chosen the best down below. Which pun is your favorite?
19. When a geologist passes away, you have to barium.
20. If your favorite band isn't the Rolling Stones, then you're not a real geologist.
21. You can tell that a geologist is a fan of Star Wars when their catchphrase is 'May the Quartz be with you!"
22. Geologists love to talc about science every day!
23. I don't like being called a geologist. I prefer the term rock-star!
24. Never expect perfection from geologists. They all have their faults.
25. Geologists are so gneiss!
26. Geologists sure know how to make a mountain out of a molehill.
27. If your favorite movie is not Pyrites of the Caribbean, are you even a geologist?
28. Geologists sometimes like to party allanite long!
29. Geologists really take nothing for granite.
30. If you tell a geologist a mountain pun, they won't ever get over it.
31. When a geologist is apologizing, he or she must gravel at your feet!
32. Geologists are usually hipsters. They're only into underground stuff!
If volcanoes are your forte, you'll be exploding with laughter at the puns below. See how many you can squeeze into a conversation!
33. Igneous truly is bliss.
34. I lava you very much!
35. If I'm honest, learning about volcanoes can be pretty tuff.
36. Look, I've got a lot on my (tectonic) plate right now.
37. Two tectonic plates broke up. It was neither of their faults, there was just so much friction between them!
38. My favorite catchphrase? Live, laugh, lava.
39. I like studying geology a lot. I mean, volcanoes are so hot right now.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things, that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it's important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration for everything from family days out to online classes, arts, crafts and science experiments. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Kidadl is supported by you, the users. When you buy through the links on our site we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
All prices and product availability were correct at the time of publication.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.