From singing Ellie the Elephant with our kids to watching the classic film Dumbo, all about the most famous elephant in the world, here at Kidadl, we love elephants.
Did you know that a male elephant is called a bull, and that a male African elephant is the world's largest land mammal, measuring up to three meters high and weighing up to six tonnes. If you fancy finding out more about these incredible animals, check out our top elephant facts.
These clever elephant puns are the best thing you'll ear all week!
1. What’s an elephant’s best talent? Multi-tusking!
2. What’s big, grey, wears a mask and loves to sing? The Ele-phantom of the Opera!
3. Why do bosses like to employ elephants? Because they’ll work for peanuts!
4. How do elephants get ready to go swimming? They put their trunks on!
5. What do you call an elephant that never takes a bath? A smelly-phant!
6. What do you call a light-headed elephant? An ele-faint!
7. Why did the elephant start a stampede? Because he wanted to be herd!
8. What’s an elephant’s favorite sport? Squash!
9. What’s grey, wears glass slippers and ran away from the ball? Cinder-elephant!
10. What's grey, jolly and delivers Christmas presents? Elephanta Claus!
11. What did the grape say when the elephant stomped on it? Nothing, but it let out a little wine!
12. Which animals were last to arrive on the ark? The elephants: they had to pack their trunks!
13. What do you get when you cross a potato with an elephant? Mashed potatoes!
14. What do elephants and giant redwoods have in common? They both have big trunks!
15. What's grey, has a wand and gives money to little elephants? The tusk fairy!
16. What's the world's biggest ant? An elephant!
17. How do you stop an elephant from smelling? Tie a knot in her trunk!
18. What do you get when you cross elephants with fish? Swimming trunks!
Elephants And Technology
Keep the whole family laughing with these puns about funny elephants and technology.
19. How do you stop an elephant from charging? Take away his credit card!
20. How do elephants communicate? Using the elephone!
21. What do elephants do to relax? Watch elevision!
22. Why don’t elephants work on computers? Because they’re afraid of the mouse!
23. What do you call a flying elephant? A jumbo jet!
24. What do you call a different kind of flying elephant? A propellephant!
25. What do you call an elephant with rotors on her head? An ellie-copter!
26. What do you call an elephant with an aerial on her head? An elephant-enna!
Elephant One Liners
Kids will love these funny elephant pun one liners that are anything but irrelephant!
27. Hunting elephants is illegal - as ivory well know!
28. Did you hear about the elephant who hurt his toe and couldn't walk? He had to call a tow truck!
29. Did you know that an elephant‘s opinion carries a lot of weight!
30. Did you hear about the the student elephant who was typing up her schoolwork on the computer? It was taking a long time because there was so many ele-fonts to choose from!
Talk like an elephant with these hilarious puns.
31. What's an elephants favorite saying? Elephant-astic!
32. What did the Mummy elephant say to the little elephant when he was naughty? Tusk tusk.
33. What did the elephant say to his girlfriend? I love you a ton.
34. What did the elephant say to her sad friend? I'm ear for you.
35. What did the elephant say when he saw his friend fly? Now I've seen ivorything!
36. What do you call an elephant with an opinion that doesn’t matter? Irrelephant!
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things, that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it's important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration for everything from family days out to online classes, arts, crafts and science experiments. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Kidadl is supported by you, the users. When you buy through the links on our site we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
All prices and product availability were correct at the time of publication.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.