There are over 40 million donkeys in the world and they are pretty special, and very funny, animals. Donkeys love to play and have fun; they are highly intelligent, super stubborn, amusing mischief-makers, and a pun-stoppable source of hilarity.
Funny Donkey Puns
If donkey humour is your chosen field of study, these puns will get you off to a stable start.
1. A donkey walked into a bar and the barman greeted him with “Hey!”. The donkey said “Yes, please”.
2. I know a donkey with three legs who loves singing. She sounds terrible though; she keeps hitting the wonkey.
3. Did you hear about the woman who keeps standing behind her donkey? She hopes to get a kick out of it.
4. My donkey is very superstitious about crossing roads. He’ll only go if he sees a zebra crossing.
5. I always call a donkey when I need my hair putting in plaits. They are the one animal that can really brayed well.
6. A man has ended up in hospital because he swallowed one of his sons toy horses and three of his daughters toy donkeys. His kids are cross with him but the doctors have said his condition is stable.
7. A man was wondering what to call a donkey crossed with a zebra, but then the donkey told him her name; it was Debra.
There may be a few tall tails amongst these puns, but you'll still get a kick out of them.
8. I’ve got a new donkey but he won’t eat straw because he’s worried about getting hay-fever.
9. You will always make a donkey happy if you move a horse in as her neigh-bour.
10. Donkeys are great storytellers; they always have the best tales.
11. A cross between a donkey and a motorcycle is known as a Yam-Hee-Haw.
12. My donkey got sick so I took him to the horse-pital.
13. Donkeys are very intelligent and have a lot of brayin’ power.
Mule And Hinny Puns
A mule has a dad that is a donkey and a mom that is a horse. A hinny has a mom that is a donkey and a dad that is a horse.
14. A mule went to see the doctor as she wasn’t feeling well and had a sore throat. The doctor said there was no need to worry, she was just a little hoarse.
15. You call a donkey wearing shades in the Arctic a very cool mule.
16. Donkeys are big fans of Christmas; they always send out mule-tide greetings.
17. I knew a man who was best friends with a hinny. He said she had a stable personality.
18. A mule and a hinny met and thought they recognised each other. The mule said to the hinny: “Your pace is familiar, but I don’t remember your mane.”
19. I got cross with my mules for partying too loudly. They said they were cele-bray-ting.
Donkey Nickname Puns
Burro is a common nickname for a small donkey. You can also call a female donkey a Jenny and you can call a male donkey a Jack.
20. Been wondering what you call a donkey when you cross it with a little zebra? A ze-burro of course!
21. You call a donkey that is trying to cross the Arctic with goods on its back a brrrrrrrrrrr-o.
22. A donkey’s favourite garden tool is the wheel-burro.
23. I didn’t know that you call a donkey that is small a burro. I just thought it was dinky.
24. Donkey’s are great at digging tunnels; they really know how to burro.
25. I heard a sad story about a man who used all his money to get three fantastic female donkeys, only to have them stolen the next day. He was left without a Jenny to his name.
Baby Donkey Puns
Baby boy and girl donkeys less than one year old are called foals. A filly is a girl donkey less than four year old and a colt is a boy donkey less than four years old.
26. If you ask a filly question, you’ll get a filly answer.
27. I decided to call a donkey for some advice about my noisy foals. She said they were just trying to be herd.
28. A man took one of his colts to a restaurant for the first time but it ended in disaster; his stable manners were terrible, he kept acting the foal, and the last straw was when he refused the mane course.
29. I’ve had to call the police because Mane Street is full of young female donkeys acting like party animals, drinking Moscow mules, and horsing around. It must be filly season.
30. My donkey is a big NFL fan; he gets a real kick out of watching the Colts.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things, that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it's important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration for everything from family days out to online classes, arts, crafts and science experiments. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Kidadl is supported by you, the users. When you buy through the links on our site we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
All prices and product availability were correct at the time of publication.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.