Most kids go through a stage of loving dinosaurs, so if your kid is at the dinosaur stage, we've dug up some prehistoric puns for you to use if you make your own birthday cards, as well as a giant Jurassic jumble of fabulously funny dino jokes.
There's always something new to learn about these old creatures. For instance, did you know that poor old Stegosaurus has a brain the size of a brazil nut? Or that there are around 700 species of extinct dinosaur?
And did you know that dinosaurs still live among us? Yes! Modern birds are a sort of dinosaur - it's because they share a common ancestor with non-avian (non-flying) dinosaurs.
We've listed over 40 great dinosaur jokes for kids to enjoy!
Here are some funny dinosaur puns to get your bones rattling with laughter. There are dinosaur birthday puns for cards and dinosaur puns for everyday use! They're so good, they are practically dino-mite!
1) Do you think he saurus (saw us)?
2) A sight for saur eyes.
3) Sticks out like a saur thumb.
4) I've got a bone to pick with you.
5) He's all skin and bones.
6) Bad to the bone.
7) I can feel it in my bones
8) Dinosaurs can't go on boats, they cause too many Ship Rex.
9) Have a dino-mite birthday
10) Do you want that gift raptor not?
11) It's a mammoth task!
If your child's having a dinosaur birthday, jokes with the same theme will keep your guests laughing!
12) My pupil asked which writer wrote the best dinosaur stories. I said he should try Sarah Topps.
13) Our local museum has opened a brand new dinosaur exhibit. I don't know if it will be popular or not. That remains to be seen.
14) Why did Archaeopteryx catch the worm? Because it was one of the early birds.
15) What do you call a dinosaur who sports a cowboy hat and boots? Tyrannosaurus Tex.
Question and answer dinosaur jokes
Here's a mammoth selection of dinosaur jokes, some of them practically prehistoric! You'll find slightly rude dinosaur jokes, dinosaur birthday jokes and lots more.
16) What do you call a T.Rex who hates losing? A saur loser.
17) What do you call a dinosaur that only has one eye? A Do-you-think-he-saurus.
18) What do you call a dog that belongs to a dinosaur with one eye? A Do-you-think-he-saurus rex.
19) What do you call a dinosaur who never gives up? A Try-try-try-ceratops!
20) What do you call a dinosaur who has left its armour out in the rain? A Stegosau-rust.
21) What type of tool did prehistoric carpenters use? Dino-saws!
22) What do you call a dinosaur that only has one eye? An Eye-saur!
23) What do you get if you cross a dinosaur with a pig? Jurassic Pork!
24) What do you call a dinosaur that knows a lot of words? A thesaurus!
25) How do you invite a dinosaur to a cafe? Tea, Rex?
26) What do you call a dinosaur that won't stop talking? A dino-bore!
27) What do you call a smelly dinosaur fart? An exstinktion!
28) What do you call a dinosaur who is a noisy sleeper? A Tyranno-snorus!
29) What do you call a group of dinosaurs who sing? A tyranno-chorus.
30) Why can’t you hear a Pterodactyl when it goes to the toilet? Because the pee is silent!
31) What do you call a dinosaur car accident? A tyrannosaurus wreck!
32) WhIch is the scariest dinosaur? A Terror-dactyl.
33) Why are dinosaurs never overweight? Because they are surrounded by scales.
34) Why do museums exhibit old dinosaur bones? Because they can't afford new ones!
35) Why did the Tyrannosaurus Rex cross the road? Because the chickens hadn't evolved yet.
36) What is the best way to talk to a velociraptor? Long-distance!
37) How do you know that a seismosaurus is under your bed? Because your nose is only two inches from the ceiling!
38) How can you tell if there's an allosaurus lying in your bed? you'll see the bright red "A" on its pyjamas.
39) What do you call a short spiky dinosaur that's fallen down the stairs? Ankle-is-sore-us.
40) What do you call a dinosaur after they break-up with their girlfriend? Tyrannosaurus ex.
41) What do you get if you cross a T- rex with explosives? Dino-mite.
42) What did the dinosaur say to the cashier at the till? Keep the climate change.
43). What do you call a dinosaur ghost? A scaredactyl.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things, that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it's important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration for everything from family days out to online classes, arts, crafts and science experiments. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.