Kids just love clowns.
With their big noses and feet, bright colors and slapstick gags, they're brilliant at bringing a laugh or two. And here at Kidadl, we're helping to keep the circus fun alive, from skills you can learn at home to how to make balloon animals.
And for the comedy section, why not check out these hilarious and cute clown puns?
Clown One Liners
You'll laugh from the top of your wig to the tip of your huge shoes with these silly clown puns.
1. I'm going to send a clown to deliver flowers to my wife... will she think that's a romantic jester?
2. My Mom bought me a clown shaped lollipop at the circus, but it sure did taste funny!
3. I think I'm going to start a clown shoe business. But it’s no small feat!
4. My Dad was the head clown at the circus, until he passed away. I guess I have some pretty big shoes to fill!
5. My Mom was a clown who performed on stilts. I always looked up to her!
6. My Dad worked as a trapeze artist - until he was let go!
7. I saw a group of pheasants and partridges dressed as clowns the other day and, I thought, “they’re game for a laugh!”
8. I quit my job at McDonald’s yesterday... Because the boss was a clown!
At The Circus
Entertain the family with these circus puns.
9. What do you call a circus clown who's covered in egg? A yolker!
10. Why was the lopsided circus clown looking for another piece of cheese? He only had one stilt-on!
11. Did you hear about the naughty clown who ran away with the circus? The ringmaster made him bring it back!
12. I’m absolutely surrounded by pickled vegetables in jars. It’s like Piccalilli Circus in here!
13. My friend worked in a circus as a human cannonball and when he retired, they didn't replace him: they couldn’t find anyone else of the same caliber!
14. I met my husband on the net. We were both terrible at trapeze!
15. Did you hear about the really dramatic circus clown? His act was always in tents!
Show your family a 'nice jester' with these funny clown puns.
16. How did the clown write his jokes? He jest put pun to paper!
17. Why are clowns always going to the doctors complaining about bad necks? Because they sleep funny!
18. I went to the fancy dress shop to buy a clown outfit, but I couldn't decide on the accessories. I let the salesman pick my nose.
19. What's the best way to protect yourself, if you're attacked by a gang of clowns? Go for the juggler!
20. Why don't we eat clowns? Because they taste funny!
21. Today I went out with only half of my face painted like a clown. Not everyone saw the funny side!
22. Two cannibals are eating a clown, when the first says to the second: "Does this taste funny to you?"
23. My parents hired a clown for my birthday party. But he was a real Bozo!
24. What do you call a clown who went to jail? A sili-con!
25. What material are clown costumes made of? Poly Jester!
26. Why do clowns always wear loud socks? So their feet don't fall asleep!
27. Why was the clown so sad? He broke his funny bone!
28. What do you get when you boil a clown? A laughing stock!
29. What's the funniest fish? A clownfish!
30. I was heading into a shop when a clown held the door open for me. It was such a nice jester!
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things, that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it's important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration for everything from family days out to online classes, arts, crafts and science experiments. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Kidadl is supported by you, the users. When you buy through the links on our site we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
All prices and product availability were correct at the time of publication.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.