From classic 'why did the chicken cross the road?' gags to any manner of punchlines involving fowl play, egg-citing events and cluck-watching, there are endless ways to enjoy good chicken puns.
Why chickens? Maybe it’s the walk, maybe it’s the fact they’re not great flyers, but there’s something about chickens that are super-silly. Plus, there's no shortage of funny names for chickens either, making them ideal joke fodder. With 25 billion chickens in the world, there are also a lot of them about…
With that in mind, we’ve rounded up some of our favourite chicken puns, chickens jokes and chicks jokes for the family to enjoy together. Have a look at our list and think up your own chicken puns, if you dare!
1. Here are a few chicken quips you and your kids are bound to love.
2. What do chickens like to do on the weekend? Have peck-nics.
3. What do chickens study at university? Egg-onomics.
4. How do chickens always leave the building? They look for the nearest egg-xit.
5. How do you know when a chicken finds your joke funny? They crack up.
6. Why do chickens not like using the telephone? Because talk is cheep.
7. Why do hens lay eggs? Because if they dropped them, they'd break.
8. What do chickens eat at their birthday party? Coop-cakes.
9. What did the chicken say when he came out in red spots? I have people-pox.
10. Why did the chicken disappoint his mother at school? He wasn't all he was cracked up to be.
11. Why does the chicken coop have two doors? Because if it had four doors it would be a chicken sedan.
12. What dance do chickens not like doing? The foxtrot.
13. What did the chicken say when it saw scrambled eggs? Crazy mixed-up kids!
14. How does a Dalek threaten a chicken? It says eggs-terminate.
15. How do baby hens dance? Chick-to-chick.
16. What do you get if you cross a chicken with a Martian? An egg-stra terrestrial.
17. How does a tough chicken like its egg cooked? Hard-boiled.
18. Why are chickens so good at their jobs? Because they work around the cluck.
19. Why did the chicken jump in the lake? The rooster egged her on.
20. Why did the chicken to go to the gym? She needs some egg-ercise.
21. Where do baby hens like to go on driving holidays? Chick-ago.
22. Why did the chicken visit the library? To check out a buck buck buck...
23. Why did the chicken go to school? It wanted good egg-ucation.
24. How do chickens bake cakes? From scratch.
These smart plays on words will have you roaring with laughter.
25. What does a chicken use to wake up? An alarm cluck.
26. What do you get if you cross a chicken with a cow? Roost beef.
27. How do chickens talk to each other? By using fowl language.
28. What do you call a hen who is looking at lettuce? Chicken Caesar salad.
29. Where do chickens go on holiday? New Yolk City.
30. What do you call a bird that is too afraid to fly? Chicken.
31. Who wrote the book Great Egg-spectations? Charles Chickens!
32. What is a chicken’s favourite tree? A y-oak tree.
33. What do you call a verse written by a chicken who is running? Poultry in motion.
34. What do you call a mischievous chicken? A practical yolk-er.
35. What do you get if you cross a chicken with a cement mixer? A brick layer.
36. What's a hen's favourite type of movie? A chick flick.
37. Which day of the week do chickens hate the most? Fry-day.
38. Why did the farmer have to separate the chicken and the turkey? To stop any fowl play.
39. What do you call an over-excited chicken? Hen-thusiastic.
40. What do you get when a chicken lays an egg on top of a barn? An egg roll.
41. What do you call a chicken that's wearing a shell-suit? An egg.
42. Why don’t you ever see a chicken with a brush? Because they already have a comb.
Nothing beats an egg-cellent one-liner so impress your audience by cracking one of these zingers!
43. Have you heard the one about the hen who could only lay eggs in winter? She was no spring chicken.
44. I made a chicken salad today, but the ungrateful bird wouldn't eat it!
45. I just opened a dating site for chickens. It's not my main job, I'm just doing it make hens meet.
46. Did you hear about the chicken who got caught when he cheated at Scrabble? His friends suspected fowl play.
47. Did you hear about the chicken who was naughty at school? He got egg-spelled.
Other Chicken Jokes We Love
48. Knock knock
Chicken your pockets, you might find your keys!
49. Doctor, doctor, I feel like a chicken!
How long has this been going on?
Ever since I was an egg.
Why Did The Chicken Cross The Road?
We couldn't leave without just a couple of our very favourite 'why did the chicken cross the road?' jokes. Here are a few to keep you going.
50. Why did the turkey cross the road? To prove he wasn't chicken.
51. Why did the chicken cross the beach? To get to the other tide.
52. Why did the chicken cross the playground? To get to the other slide.
53. Why did the chicken go to the seance? To get to the other side.
54. Why did the dinosaur cross the road? Because chickens hadn't evolved yet.
55. Why did the chewing gum cross the road? Because it was stuck to the chicken's foot.
56. Why did the cactus cross the road? Because it was stuck to the chicken's back.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things, that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it's important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration for everything from family days out to online classes, arts, crafts and science experiments. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.