Image © Marko Tuokko / Pexels under a creative commons licence.
You'll laugh – and maybe even cry – at these rib-tickling gags for kids to wish someone a happy birthday.
While getting older as an adult may not seem like a laughing matter, our selection of funny birthday jokes is sure to make someone's day, birthday jokes for kids are bound to be well received. What could be better than a slice of birthday cake, an amusing card and a clever pun?
Knock Knock Birthday Jokes
Knock knock jokes about birthdays will always go down a treat on the big day. We've rounded up some of our favourite birthday jokes in the classic knock knock style.
1. Knock knock.
2. Knock knock.
Bacon a cake for the big day!
3. Knock knock.
4. Knock knock.
Alligator for her birthday was this card.
5. Knock knock.
Sue-prise it's your birthday!
6. Knock knock.
Gus whose birthday it is today!
7. Knock knock.
Ivana piece of birthday cake!
Puns For Birthdays
Birthday jokes for kids don't get much funnier than these classic lines! Check out our favourite birthday jokes with these puns.
8. When the candles won't fit on the cake you know you're getting old.
9. I can't believe you're seven already - it seems like only yesterday you were six!
10. Sound the a-llama - it's your birthday!
11. Did you see the sale on birthday candles? It was a blow out.
12. Lettuce celebrate your birthday!
13. Don't worry - age is ir-elephant!
14. The party was the icing on the birthday cake.
15. What kind of music did the balloons play at their birthday party? Pop!
16. Scientists say birthdays are good for your health. Apparently those who have the most birthdays live the longest.
17. Don't be sad if no one comes to celebrate your birthday - it just means you can have your cake and eat it!
18. The best friends remember your birthday... not your age!
Question And Answer Jokes For Birthday Celebrations
We've got the how, the why, the where and the what of jokes on birthday topics. Read on for our funniest favourites. Warning: you may laugh out loud!
19. What do you say to a rabbit on its birthday? Hoppy birthday!
20. What comes at the end of every birthday? The letter Y!
21. What do you get a tiger for his birthday? I don't know but it had better be good!
22. Why did the boy whack his birthday cake with a hammer? It was a pound cake.
23. How do pickles celebrate their birthdays? With relish!
24. Why should you never invite a thief to your birthday party? Because they'll take the cake!
25. Why didn't Elsa get a balloon for her birthday? Because all she'd do is let it go!
26. Why did the party guests struggle to eat the cake? Because it was marble cake!
27. What do you sing to a cow on their birthday? Happy birthday to moo!
28. What did the crab do on his birthday? He shell-ebrated!
29. What do you buy a hunter for his birthday? A birthday pheasant.
30. What kind of cake should you make for an elf's birthday? Shortcake.
31. What do rabbits play at birthday parties? Musical hares!
32. Why shouldn't you bother wishing an owl happy birthday? Because they don't give a hoot!
33. Why was six angry at seven? Because seven eight nine (seven ate nine)!
34. What do ghosts eat on their birthday? I scream cake
35. What did the pirate shout on his 80th birthday? Aye matey (I'm 80)!
36. What goes up but never comes down? Your age!
37. What's the best cake to make for an angel? Angel food cake!
38. Why did the biscuit miss the birthday party? He was feeling crumby!
39. What do you buy an elephant for his birthday? A trunk-ful of presents!
40. Why do we put candles on top of the cake? Because it's hard to light them if they're on the bottom.
41. What do you get every year on your birthday? Older!
42. Why didn't the teddy bear eat all of his birthday cake up? Because he was stuffed!
43. What did the ice cream say to the birthday cake? You're totally cool!
44. Why do kangaroos hate birthdays? Because they only celebrate theirs on leap years.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things, that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it's important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration for everything from family days out to online classes, arts, crafts and science experiments. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Kidadl is supported by you, the users. When you buy through the links on our site we may earn a commission.
All prices and product availability were correct at the time of publication.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.