It's crazy to imagine that our body is full of bones, 206 of them to be exact.
These crazy bone puns are sure to get straight to your funny bone, and be sure to get any pun lovers rattled. You can't stop us, we have a skele-ton of hilarious skeleton puns and funny bone puns up our sleeves.
Most of us have heard of the funny bone, it's that weird bone that gives us an odd sensation when we accidentally bash our elbow on something. What most people don't know about the bone, however, is that is actually isn't a bone at all! It is actually a nerve called the ulnar nerve, which bumps against the bone called the humerus which sends a funny message to your brain. Because the word humerus sounds so much like the word humorous, which is what we use to describe all of Kidadl's hilarious puns and jokes, people started to call the strange sensation hitting your "funny bone."
What a funny skeleton fact that is, but we are sure you're going to agree that facts about skeletons just can't beat our funny skull puns, broken bone puns, rib puns and tons of other hilarious bone puns. If you are fed up of hearing the same skeleton puns over and over on Halloween, then clear the skeletons out of your joke cupboard and learn some of the funniest bone puns out there to really set you apart from the rest of the spooky Halloween crowd.
If you're looking for more rib-tickling laughs this Halloween season, why not head on over to our spooky skeleton jokes, and if you fancy scratching your skull, you might like our scary Halloween riddles.
The Funniest Bone Puns
With hundreds of them in our bodies, there's more than enough funny bone puns out there, so we've collected a skele-ton of them for you.
1. I knew the skull wasn't going to win the argument. It didn't have a leg to stand on.
2. The skeleton was so stupid, he was a total numskull.
3. Leg bones are known for always wanting to tell the truth. The find it easy tibia honest.
4. Ribcages often get sick when it's fall, because of all the windy days. The chill goes right through them.
5. Getting hurt is such a bone-breaking experience, but you can't deny it's a spine-tickling event.
6. I love my funny bone. There is no denying that I find it very humerus.
7. Try as she might, the skeleton just couldn't manage to drag herself out of bed. She was bone tired.
8. Ribcages are terrible liars. You can see right through them.
9. You can always tell when a spine finds your bone puns funny. They start cracking up.
10. The bone was making me annoyed, he kept telling lies. If you ask me, he was a total phoney-ba-boney.
11. The skeleton wanted to play the trombone, but I thought the saxabone would suit it better. Tibia honest, both instruments can be quite humerus when you are feeling bonely.
12. I bought my skeleton a new plant to say sorry for all the skeleton joke articles I'd been writing. He absolutely loves his bone-sai tree.
13. The skeleton couldn't look at the spare ribs I was making. He didn't have the stomach for it.
14. The ribcage really wanted to start a fight on Halloween. He had a bone to pick with the werewolf.
15. Bone lovers always tend to like spending time in the forest. I found out that it's because they like the s-pine trees.
16. We had to discipline the naughty skeleton, so we put him in a rib cage.
17. Did you hear about the bone that was almost eaten by a group of wild dogs? It was a marrow escape.
18. I used to have loads of funny spine puns, but now my supply is bone dry. I obviously wasn't as femurous as I thought I was.
19. I went to a school for learning about bones for a while. I'm sad I graduated, I really liked going to osteoclass.
20. I asked my butcher to give me some t-bones, but instead he gave me sirloins. It was only when I got home that I realised he'd made a mis-steak.
21. The rib cage would always order a wine that was full bodied in the restaurant, I didn't want to say anything but I'm pretty sure it was because it didn't have one.
22. Bones are always so calm. Nothing ever gets under their skin.
23. American skeletons love the history of America. Their favourite part is the bit about Napoleon Bone-a-part.
24. Every Sunday, the ribcage likes to play his organ for the congregation.
25. If your friends don't laugh at these hilarious bone puns, their funny bone is probably broken.
26. I was worried that my bone humor would fall flat, but then I used my funny bone.
27. No one knees to know this, but I really kneed you.
28. I met a femur who was detached from the rest of the skeleton. He was feeling pretty bone-ly.
29. I had to send my spine to prison. It was bad to the bone.
30. Backbones are great at chopping down trees. They make brilliant lumbar-jacks.
31. My best friend told me he had my back. I'd been wondering where that went.
32. I left a skull out in the sun. It became bone dry.
33. I guess I could learn a femur skeleton puns if you don't like these ones.
34. I want to tell some more funny bone jokes, but I just don't have the guts to.
35. My skull doesn't mind when I call it a bonehead.
36. It was pretty clear that the skeleton was having a great time at the party. He looked like he was having an osteoblast.
37. Tibia honest, it takes a lot of spine to memorize jokes and puns about the bones in the skeleton.
38. I had to cancel the art show I organised for my skull-ptures. My heart wasn't in it.
39. Lots of bones try to be cool, but none are ever going to be more trendy than the hip.
40. I knew what was about to happen next when I turned into a skeleton. I could feel it in my bones.
41. Just hold tight, this is all going tibia okay.
42. This article is just trying way too hard tibia list of funny skeleton jokes.
43. The skeleton was pretty lonely when he realised he had no body.
44. My bones don't follow normal rules. They're bone tibia wild.
45. I'm finding these skeleton jokes and anatomy puns very humerus.
46. A dog's favourite book is Harry Potter And The Sorcerer's Bone.
47. I saw a snake that was a skeleton once, it gave me a real fright. It was a rattler.
48. I went to an anatomy beauty contest. It was kind of boring, in the end no body won.
49. I had a guitar pick made of bone and I lost it somewhere in my bedroom. I really have a bone to pick with myself for being so careless.
50. I picked up a pile of bones I ordered online. I was surprised that they weight a skele-tonne.
51. Two thigh bones couldn't be bothered to go out, so they just stayed in bed. Lazy bones.
52. I put a skull on the front of my Harley Davidson motorbike. What can I say, I'm bone to be wild.
53. I invited a skeleton to my house for dinner, and said I'd cook him a t-bone steak. He politely declined, he said he didn't have the stomach for it.
54. If you decide to boil your funny bone, you might be able to turn it into a laughing stock.
55. I ulna want to be with you.
56. The femur tried to propose to the radius, he asked "will you marrow me?"
57. Sorry, I just got a text on my cell bone, I'll be right back.
58. Do you know how many bones there are in a human hand? I'm not sure either, but I'm assuming it's a handful.
Bone Specialist Puns
There are loads of people out there who have careers that are bone-related. From doctors to archaeologists, we've got them covered with these puns.
59. I went to the doctor to donate my body to science. He told me I had to spine on the dotted line.
60. I went to dinner last week with a group of orthopedic surgeons. Before we ate, they insisted that we say, "bone appetit!"
61. If you try to call an orthopaedic doctor on her rotary skelephone she isn't going to answer, it's best to get her on her cell bone.
62. The orthopaedic doctor was working far too hard. "You're going to work yourself down to the bone!" I told him.
63. I went to a orthopaedic doctor's house for tea. She served it in bone china.
64. The osteopathic doctor was always a favourite guest at a potluck dinner. It was because he brought the best spare ribs.
65. I like to watch my favourite bone doctor show on the skelevision.
66. If you want to get a hold of your anatomy professor, the best thing to do is call them on their cell bone.
67. There are two biology teachers at my school that are passionate about teaching about bones. One is humerus, but the other is extremely sternum.
68. The most famous skeleton I know is Sherlock Bones.
69. Orthopedic doctors hate paintings, they find them boring. They much prefer skull-ptures.
70. A group of archaeologists found a leg bone once when they were doing an excavation. They were so excited about what they found, that they invited all the other archaeologists they knew over to help them remove it. It turned out to be quite the shin-dig.
71. I always knew I would end up being an orthopedic doctor. When I was a child I just felt it in my bones.
72. I met a French orthopedic doctor. I didn't know how to greet him, but he said "bone-jour."
73. Orthopaedic doctors are great to go on vacation with. They will take you in their skelecopter.
Here at Kidadl, we have carefully created lots of great family-friendly Jokes/Puns/Riddles for everyone to enjoy! If you liked our suggestions for silly puns about bones then why not take a look at these geology jokes that will rock your world or for something different take a look at these 'Who Am I' riddles for kids that want a challenge.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things, that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it's important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration for everything from family days out to online classes, arts, crafts and science experiments. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Kidadl is supported by you, the users. When you buy through the links on our site we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
All prices and product availability were correct at the time of publication.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.