Image © People images, under a creative commons license.
There are some quick jokes you can slip into conversation, a hilarious selection of animal jokes that you'll love, and they are all right here.
But before you start choosing a joke or two to make your family laugh, every good comic has to know its source material. Here are some fun rain facts for you before we let you loose on our great collection of raindrop jokes and puns.
Did you know the very first umbrellas could have been used 4000 years ago but were first designed to shield you from the sun? If you lived in Egyptian times you didn't have much protection from the rain, which depending on the size of the raindrop can fall at speeds of up to 20mph. That's a decent speed, but not all raindrops splash on the ground, some may evaporate in the sky, while others freeze instantly on hitting a surface. Freezing rain may be cold like ice, but you'll soon warm up a room with our rain jokes for kids, so are you ready to get started?
Knock Knock Jokes About Rain
No need for an umbrella, you're children won't get wet with these great rainy day knock-knock jokes.
1) Knock Knock?
Hurry! Cane you jog away from the storm?
2) Knock Knock
Butter get an umbrella, it looks like it's going to rain!
3) Knock Knock
Accordion to the forecast, it's going to rain tonight.
Funny Rain Jokes With Animals
Animals have been the subject of many rain jokes, and we've rounded up some of the best that will soon have your friends laughing.
4) What is a wet bear called? A drizzly bear.
5) Are bees able to fly in the rain? Not without their yellow jackets.
6) What's worse than it raining cats and dogs? Hailing taxis.
7) What do you call it when it's raining ducks and geese? Fowl weather.
8) What is known as the world's wettest animal? Rain-deer.
9) Why do you need to be careful when it's raining cats and dogs outside? Because you might step in a poodle!
10) Why do you never see owls being affectionate in the rain? It's too wet to woo.
11) Why do you see cows lying down in the rain? To keep each udder dry.
12) What does Santa often say to Mrs Claus? Come and look at the rain-dear.
More Rain Jokes For A Rainy Day
It's raining jokes here on Kidadl, and we're not finished yet. Why not use some of our best rain joke collections on your favourite people.
13) What type of pants do rain clouds wear? Thunderwear.
14) What was one raindrop overheard saying to another? Two's company, three's a cloud.
15) A man once said when is Monday coming? His wife said Mon-soon.
16) What did an evaporating raindrop say? Oh no, I'm going to pieces.
17) What do you call the Queen's favourite type of precipitation? Reign.
18) What is a type of bow that can't be tied? A rain-bow.
19) When is it raining money? Whenever there's 'change' in the weather.
Funny One-Liners About Rain
You'll never be short of material about the weather, and here are some quick quips and rain puns that will impress any 'cloud'.
21) The weather was forecast to rain for three months, but I drought it.
22) I'm saving for a rainy day, so far I've collected a couple of raincoats, an anorak, and a dinghy.
23) A man went to the gym today and met up with his new personal rainer.
24) Yesterday's weather forecast predicted freezing rain, but it turned out to be quite an ice day.
25) A king sat down to speak to his son and said, you were born to reign.
26) Old people, they're always moaning about their aches and rains (pains).
27) One evening a Viking called Rudolf the Red stood looking out the window and said, "It's going to rain." His wife asked him "how do you know that?". He replied, "Rudolf the red knows rain dear."
Classic Rainy Day Jokes
Don't just stand at the window looking at the miserable weather, amuse the family with these laugh-a-minute jokes on rain.
28) What falls all the time and never gets hurt? Rain.
29) How does one raindrop ask another out? Water you doing tonight?
30) A pilot did his flying exam just after a storm and flew right through a rain-bow.
31) What do books wear on a wet and rainy day? Rain quotes.
32) 4 types of weather were having a race. Sunny won gold, cloudy got silver, snowy picked up a bronze, and rainy won a precipitation award.
33) What's all wet and likes to shake? It's an earthquake on a rainy day.
34) What did the baby cloud say to its mum when it rained? Sorry, mum, I couldn't hold it any longer.
35) What always goes up whenever the rain comes down? An umbrella.
36) What's the difference between a horse and the weather? One rains down, the other is reined up.
7 Rain Puns To Entertain At Home
Every comedian needs some puns in their routine, so don't rain on our parade before we've delivered this sprinkle to get you started.
37) It never rains, but it purrs.
38) In this life, nothing ventured, nothing rained.
39) Raindrop jokes? They are rain sailing.
40) Bear with me, I've just had a rain-wave.
41) A cold drink with dinner, it's a no rainer.
42) Let's take a trip down memory rain.
43) A storm is coming, best get ready for the rain event.
44) I'm not sure if I just got hit by freezing rain, but it hurt like hail.
45) Sorry for raining on your parade, I really thought it'd be snow problem.
Rib Tickling Rain Related Jokes For Kids
The storm's not over yet, here's our final selection of rain-related jokes that will soon have every man, woman, and child giggling.
46) Why did iron man sleep outside when it rained? To get some rust.
47) How could the skeleton tell that rain was coming? He could feel it in his bones.
48) What do you call a dinosaur that's got wet? A driplodocus.
49) What goes hiss, swish, hiss swish every time it rains? A windscreen viper.
50) What is the difference between a wet day and a lion with a toothache? A wet day is pouring with rain, the other is roaring with pain.
51) What do you call dangerous precipitation? It's a rain of terror.
52) What do you get if you come fourth in the National Weatherman Awards? A precipitation trophy.
53) How does a snowflakes get marked at school? On class precipitation.
54) Why did the man take ketchup out with him when it rained? Because it was raining cats and hot dogs.
55) What happens before it rains candy? It sprinkles.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things, that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it's important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration for everything from family days out to online classes, arts, crafts and science experiments. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Kidadl is supported by you, the users. When you buy through the links on our site we may earn a commission.
All prices and product availability were correct at the time of publication.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.