Image © Flickr.
Plants and nature are a great source of both happiness and education for children.
Whether it's tending to your house plants or harvesting a homemade feast, plants are something for all of the family to partake in and enjoy. Want to bring the joy of gardening into the home without getting mud on your hands?
Here are sixty-five of the best nature puns that are so funny, you might wet your plants!
For some flowery laughs, here are ten funny plant puns.
1) What did one flower say to the other? What's up bud?
2) What kind of flower grows on your face? Tulips!
3) What did the bee say to the flower? Hello honey!
4) Why do flowers always drive so fast? They put the petal to the metal!
5) Did you hear about the two flowers who went on a date? It's a budding romance!
6) What did the flower study in college? STEM!
7) Why are flowers so good at problem solving? They know how to nip it in the bud!
8) What does a flower say when it's surprised? What in carnation?!
9) What do you call a flower that runs on electricity? A power plant!
10) What is Spring's favourite kind of pickle? Daffo-dills!
These ten plant jokes will have you rolling around on the forest floor!
11) What did Princess Leia say after she planted some trees? May the forest be with you!
12) What do you call a sleepy rainforest? Pajamazon!
13) What do you call a jungle where the animals talk about current events? A topical rainforest!
14) How do you send a message in a forest? Use moss code!
15) Who lives in the haunted Hundred Acre Wood? Winnie the Boo!
16) Why did the tree take a nap? For rest!
17) How did the squirrel get lost in the forest? It took the wrong root!
18) What do grizzlies do if they're having a bad day in the forest? Grin and bear it!
19) What did the beaver say as he left the forest? It's been nice gnawing you!
20) They say the Giant Sequoia forests have lots of stories, but they only ever tell tall tales!
These ten tree jokes are going to grow on you!
21) What kind of tree can you hold in your hand? A palm tree!
22) How do trees get on the Internet? They log on!
23) Why do trees hate riddles? They always get stumped!
24) Why are trees good at algebra? They can always find the root of the equation!
25) Why are trees so good at networking? They're constantly branching out!
26) How can you identify a dogwood tree? By its bark!
27) What was wrong with the tree's car? It wooden start!
28) What is a tree's favourite subject in school? Geome-tree!
29) Did you know I can cut down a tree by looking at it? It's true, I saw it with my own eyes!
30) A snare drum and a cymbal fall out of a tree. *Ba-dum-tsssss*
These plant puns will not leaf you hanging!
31) Why did the leaf go to the doctor? It was feeling green!
32) Why can't you iron a four leaf clover? Because you shouldn't press your luck!
33) How do plants make themselves heard? With amp-leaf-ication!
34) I was worried that the plants were fake, but they weren't. That's a real leaf!
35) My new leaf blower doesn't work. It sucks!
36) I never used to like plants, but I turned over a new leaf!
37) How do plants contact each other? They use the te-leaf-one!
38) What do you call a salad leaf that constantly goes to the gym? Shredded lettuce!
39) What did Autumn say to Summer? Make like a tree and leaf!
40) I saw a leaf that was shaped like a chicken. I think it fell from a poul-tree!
These garden puns will grow on you faster than grass on a hot summer day!
41) Why did the gardener plant light bulbs? He wanted a power plant!
42) Why did the gardener quit his job? His celery wasn't high enough!
43) The gardener used to make loads of money from clearing lawns. She was raking it in!
44) What new plant did the gardener sow? Beets me!
45) Where do farmers send their children to school? Kinder-garden!
46) I was really impressed with the gardener I met the other day. He was outstanding in his field!
47) Why did no one laugh at the gardener's jokes? Because they were too corney!
48) What do you get when you cross a gardener and some trendy headphones? Beets by Dre!
49) The gardener's tractor is magic! He was driving it down the road and then turned into a field!
50) What is the gardener's favourite book? War and Peas!
These next ten plant puns will have you making like a pea and split your sides!
51) What did the baby corn say to the mother corn? Where's popcorn?
52) Why did the cabbage win the race? Because it was ahead!
53) What kind of vegetable do you get when an elephant walks through your garden? Squash!
54) Why did the tomato blush? Because he saw the salad dressing!
55) Why do potatoes make the best detectives? Because they always keep their eyes peeled!
56) Where do vegetables go to have a few drinks? The salad bar!
57) What's green and goes to summer camp? A Brussels' scout!
58) Why did the Golden Delicious go to jail? Because he was a rotten apple!
59) Why do melons have fancy weddings? Because they cantaloupe!
60) What is small, red and whispers? A hoarse radish!
Plant Knock Knock Jokes
Any nature fan will love these five knock knock jokes about plants.
61) Knock knock.
Leaf me alone!
62) Knock knock.
Honeydew you want to hear some gardening jokes?
63) Knock knock.
Turnip the music, let's salsa dance!
64) Knock knock.
Iva lot of work to do in the garden today, come out and help me!
65) Knock knock.
No thanks, I prefer peanuts!
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.