Coming up with a name for your baby girl can be a real challenge - especially when you want to keep you or your partner's heritage involved.
When it comes to Turkish names for your newborn, these can be a real delight. Not only are they all deeply expressive with wonderful meanings, but they're often also very beautiful and mostly short enough to not even need a nickname.
If you're struggling to think of any, we've got you covered. There are so many lovely Turkish baby girl names out there that may just be the perfect fit. From Aylin to Defne to Emel - we've selected 105 of our favourite Turkish baby names and their special meanings, take a look!
A-H Turkish Girl Names
If it's Turkish names for girls beginning with the letters between A and H that you think you're after, then we may just have the perfect baby name for you. There are plenty of lovely Turkish girl names to discover with these letters, and you're bound to fall in love with one of them.
1) Afet - A gorgeous name meaning a woman of awe-inspiring beauty.
2) Ahu - This name means gazelle or beautiful eyes.
3) Aiyla - (pronounced eye-luh). This beautiful Turkish girl name means moonlight or moon halo.
4) Alara - Meaning a fairy of the water.
5) Asli - A name that means genuine, authentic, or true.
6) Ayla - (pronounced eye-lah). This feminine Turkish name means a halo of light around the moon.
7) Aylin - (pronounced eye-lin). A popular and beautiful choice, means the one that belongs to the moon.
8) Aysun - A special name meaning a girl whose face is as beautiful as the moon.
9) Azra - This name means one who is pure.
10) Banu - Perfect for this list, the name Banu means Lady.
11) Belgin - A traditional Turkish girl name meaning clear.
12) Berna - Meaning one who is young or youthful.
13) Beste - (pronounced beh-s-teh). This name means melody or composition.
14) Beyza - (pronounced bay-za). Perfect for your little star, this name means fair, very white, bright, or shining.
15) Canan - Show your love to your baby with this name, which means beloved.
16) Caria - Meaning she who flows like water.
17) Cemile - A sweet name for your baby girl meaning beautiful and radiant.
18) Ceren - A popular feminine name meaning baby gazelle.
19) Ceyda - This name means the one who helps everybody, or a tall and beautiful woman.
20) Ceylan - Meaning a gazelle or antelope.
21) Damla - This charming Turkish name means a drop of water or rain.
22) Defne - (pronounced deh-f-neh). Popular and pretty, this name means a bay tree or a laurel tree.
23) Deniz - A unisex name that means the sea.
24) Derya - Perfect for a free spirit, this name means ocean or sea.
25) Dilara - Meaning a heart or an ornament of beauty.
26) Doga - A lovely name for a baby girl that means nature.
27) Ece - (pronounced eh-djeh). Perfect for a powerful woman, this Turkish girl name means Queen.
28) Ekin - This name means Harvest.
29) Ela - A short and sweet name meaning oak or harvest.
30) Elif - (pronounced a-leaf). Meaning slender, thin, or the girl who spreads light.
31) Elmas - Express how much your baby means to you with this Turkish name that means diamond.
32) Elnara - A name that means fire, or light.
33) Emel - One of our favourite and most popular names, that means desire.
34) Emine - A name with three meanings; one whom you can trust and believe in, one who is benign and innocuous, or one who is fearless and courageous.
35) Emira - This name means princess and is perfect for your little princess.
36) Emiri - A charming Turkish baby name that means one who tries to excel.
37) Esana - This means desire, wish, or aim.
38) Esin - A name meaning inspiration, or morning breeze.
39) Esma - This Turkish baby name is also used in Bosnian and Romani culture and means supreme.
40) Esmeray - Also spelt Ezmeray, this beautiful name means dark moon.
41) Fadime - A Turkish name for girls that means the abstaining, or the weaning.
42) Fatma - Originally of Arabic descent but popular in Turkish culture, this name means baby's nurse.
43) Feray - (pronounced fair-eye). A gorgeous girl name that means radiance of the moon.
44) Feriha - Happy, joyful, and cheerful are the connotations related to the name Feriha.
45) Funda - A popular choice for a baby girl that means health.
46) Gamze - This name means the dimple from someone's cheek when they are smiling.
47) Gaye - A baby name derived from a special ornament that is gold, or yellow.
48) Gül - (pronounced g-uh-l). A literal Turkish translation for the word rose.
49) Gulizar - One of our favourite Turkish baby names, this name means a rose garden.
50) Gulya - A pretty choice, meaning a flower.
51) Hafiz - Meaning a keeper, or a guardian.
52) Halime - A lovely name that means mild, or gentle.
53) Harika - This Turkish girl name means a miracle, or beautiful.
54) Hayal - A unique word which means a daydream, or hope.
55) Hazan - This sweet baby name means Autumn.
I-O Turkish Girl Names
Looking for Turkish baby girl names beginning with the letters between I and O? We've got plenty. Take a look at the list below and see if any of these are your perfect fit.
56) Imran - A lovely name that means prosperity, development, or cultivating.
57) Ipek - (pronounced ee-peck) This popular feminine moniker means silk.
58) Jale - A powerful name with the meaning of hailstone.
59) Jihan - Perfect for the centre of your world, this name means universe.
60) Jubaila - Meaning halo of light around the moon.
61) Kadri - A lovely name that means pure.
62) Kamelya - This name derives from a flower.
63) Kiraz - A word meaning cherry in Turkish.
64) Lalam - This name means as beautiful as a tulip.
65) Lale - (pronounced lah-lay). This word means Tulip in Turkish.
66) Leyla - One of our favourite Turkish baby names, this pretty name that means night and lilac.
67) Lunara - Floral and sweet, this name stands for flower, rose, and pomegranate.
68) Melek - Perfect for your little sweetheart, this name means angel.
69) Melike - A regal name that means a Queen.
70) Meliha - This one means beautiful, sweet, and charming.
71) Meltem - (pronounced mal-tehm). A name that derives from the word that means the strong, dry, north winds of the Aegean Sea.
72) Miray - This name means one who shines like the moon.
73) Naz - A short name that means coy.
74) Nazan - A longer version of the name that also means coy, or reluctant.
75) Nazik - A beautiful moniker that means slender or delicate.
76) Nehir - (pronounced nay-hear). A word meaning river in Turkish.
77) Neylan - This name means fulfilled wish.
78) Nuray - (pronounced ner-eye). A lovely feminine name that means bright moon.
79) Olcay - This unisex name means luck, or lucky.
80) Ozge - Another unisex name meaning unique, or distinct.
81) Özgur - (pronounced uz-ger). A name meaning free, or independent.
P-Z Turkish Girl Names
These Turkish girls names starting with the letters P through Z are all lovely and meaningful - perfect for your new baby. If you can't find a name here that you love, we'll be shocked.
82) Pinar - (pronounced pee-nar). Popular and pretty, this girl name means fountain or spring.
83) Rabia - A lovely name for a baby born in the spring, this name literally means spring!
84) Rasheda - This pretty name means rightly guided.
85) Reyhan - A unisex name with both Turkish and Arabic origins, this means favoured by God.
86) Roshan - Meaning a bright light.
87) Roxelana - A Turkish nickname for Ruthenian.
88) Safiye - Derived from the name Sophia, this one means wisdom, knowledge, or teaching.
89) Sanem - (pronounced sah-nem). A lovely name that means idol, or pretty lady.
90) Seda - (pronounced said-ah). Meaning spirit of the forest.
91) Sefa - A Turkish name with Hebrew roots, this one means God will add.
92) Serap - Associated with the number 5, this name also means a mirage.
93) Sevda - A pretty name that means passion, or love.
94) Sevil - (pronounced sayv-eel.) A popular baby name meaning to love, or to be loved.
95) Seyyal - Meaning one who travels.
96) Sezen - Perfect for your clever baby, this name means to understand or perceive something intuitively.
97) Sibel - This Turkish name has Arabic origins, and means raindrop, or flowing.
98) Sila - A unisex name meaning to reunite with relatives and loved ones who live in the birthplace or hometown.
99) Toulin - (pronounced too-lin). A lovely moniker that means a circular band of light around the moon.
100) Tubba - (pronounced too-ba). This name has several special meanings such as pure beauty, creator, goddess, or life
101) Vesile - Meaning close to God.
102) Yasmin - This name derives from the Jasmine flower.
103) Yildiz - (pronounced yeel-diz). A wonderful choice for your special baby, this name means star.
104) Zambak - The Turkish translation of the flower Lily.
105) Zehra - (pronounced zay-hrah). This beautiful, popular name means blossoms or beauty.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things, that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it's important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration for everything from family days out to online classes, arts, crafts and science experiments. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Kidadl is supported by you, the users. When you buy through the links on our site we may earn a commission.
All prices and product availability were correct at the time of publication.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.