Over the last two decades, Tetris, an enticing and challenging puzzle video game, has won the hearts of several players.
But according to recent studies, it is seen that Tetris is beneficial in eradicating the early stages of post-traumatic stress disorder. Launched in 1984, it was the most excellent game of its time.
Tetris derives its name from the Greek word 'tetra' meaning four, and the designer's favorite sport, Tennis. The game is simple yet challenging as random sequences of tetrominoes fall in the field. A tetromino is a geometrically shaped block of four squares connected orthogonally, i.e., at the edges and not the corners. Players manipulate these tetrominoes to form horizontal lines of blocks without leaving a gap. There are seven Tetris blocks. They are I, O, T, S, L, Z, and J. These Tetris blocks have exciting names on social media which you may like. Let's have a look!
Tetris Block Names
1. L-shaped Tetris Block is a mid-game vital piece. The L-shaped block has been named out "verse J", "right L", "final Kaf", "right gun", "backward-blue", and in some hilarious instance "orange Ricky". Also known as loser block or corner piece, orange Ricky is a fun name because the block comes in myriad colors and not only in orange.
2. S-shaped Tetris Block is the most finicky tetromino, which only a seasoned player can place to usefulness. It is devoid of flat surfaces; therefore, it is a challenge to place them ideally. The various names for S block are "inverted Z", "right zigzag", "mirror Z", "right skew", "right snake", and "Rhode Island Z".
3. J-shaped Tetris Block eliminates the L block's shortcomings and usefulness and improves the block designs. Amongst its funny names such as "inverse L", "gamma", "left periscope", "left elbow", "backward resh", one that is eye-catching is "blue Ricky".
4. I-shaped Tetris Block is the most useful tetromino as it aids in four-line clear (Tetris) seamlessly possible. From names like "stick", "the slim jim", to "slim dandy", "thin Lizzy". "Hero" is the apt name for this tetromino.
5. Z-shaped Tetris Block has similar problems to the S tetromino, but using some specific rotational system, the pairs of Z and S can be beneficial. But one funny name for tetromino is "Cleveland Z".
6. O-shaped Tetris Block or the square block forms a reliable foundation for the Tetris game. It can be placed anywhere to build a pyramid or in the corner to form a four-line in an open field. This shape is termed as square, zero, circle, sun, box, or the most interesting, "teewee".
7. T-shaped Tetris Block is by far the most essential piece for this video game. An interesting name for this block is "smash boy".
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it’s important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration to entertain and educate your children. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Sponsorship & Advertising Policy
Kidadl is independent and to make our service free to you the reader we are supported by advertising.
We hope you love our recommendations for products and services! What we suggest is selected independently by the Kidadl team. If you purchase using the buy now button we may earn a small commission. This does not influence our choices. Please note: prices are correct and items are available at the time the article was published.
Kidadl has a number of affiliate partners that we work with including Amazon. Please note that Kidadl is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.