We've put together a list of undoubtedly the funniest ant puns out there that will be sure to have kids giggling every time they see one.
Have a look at these puns about what an ant gets up to in his spare time.
1. There's never any ants at Church. They're in sects.
2. We just moved in next door to an ant family. They were tenants.
3. Plants get excited when they're about to get watered. So much ant-icipation.
4. Fake ants don't bunk off school. Only truants.
5. I knew two ants that ran away to get married. They anteloped.
6. There's been an ant on my table since Saturday. I think he might be permanant.
7. I saw a tick the other day sitting beside an ant. They were up to all sorts of antics.
8. Anteaters never seem to get ill. They're full of antibodies.
9. I pulled all the legs off an ant once. They ended up six feet apart.
10. Many ants just don't like to accept help from the others. They are very independant.
11. One of the ants in my garden has been shunned by the rest. He's socially dissed ant.
12. God put the first ant on Earth, he couldn't be persuaded to sin, no matter how tempted. He was adamant.
13. I stopped an ant while he was walking. He got antsy.
14. Every year many ants go to the same place on holiday. You can't beat a trip to Antigua.
15. The baby ant seemed a bit nervous. I could tell he was antsy.
We've all got some funny ant-ecdotes from times we've met ants.
16. I accidentally stepped on an ant. I had to call an antbulance.
17. My house got infested with ants. My dad doesn't care, he's ignorant.
18. My brother is annoying. I'm beginning to get sick of his ant-ics.
19. My friend saw an ant carrying a leaf five times its weight, and said, "can you imagine being that strong?" I said, "yes," and picked up the leaf.
20. I brought an ant a cup of tea once. I was embarrassed when it told me it was lactose intoler-ant.
21. The ants that lived in my garden said they're moving across the border. That will make them emigrants.
You can't call an ant lazy when you see how many jobs ants can do!
22. I met an ant who could count. He was an account ant.
23. An ant I knew used to do a funny ant dance when I was sad. He was an anti-depress ant.
24. If I had to employ a bug to work for me it would definitely be an ant. They're great servants.
25. There's an ant living by the bins in my back alley. He must be a peasant.
26. I went to have my future read, and the fortune teller brought out an ant. I was pretty confused, but she assured me it was a clairvoyant.
27. The best kind of ant to give you advice is a consultant.
28. I hate fire ants. Every time we have an infestation I buy a whole colony of fire resist ants.
29. Ants are very hard working when they join the army. You usually end up calling them Lieutenant.
30. The queen ant's job is to keep her colony in order. She must prevent ant-archy.
31. When ants turn 16 they often join the army. They're quite militant.
Ant Description Puns
You'll find these puns about ants absolutely f-antastic.
32. You'll be able to tell an ant's gender if you put it in a glass of water. If it sinks, it's a girl ant. If it floats - buoyant.
33. Male ants are always uncles.
34. Ants love French history. They're big fans of Napoleant.
35. Most people don't realise that ants can do science, but most studied Albert Antstein.
36. Ants don't get coronavirus. They're full of antibodies.
37. I met a confident male fire ant the other day. He was flamboyant.
38. I found a 100 year old ant. It was an antique.
39. Ants always smell great because they wear deodorant.
40. Some ants are just born to disobey. They're defiant.
41. There are some ants that are just a cut above all the rest. They're very fantsy.
42. I saw an ant wearing earrings yesterday. She looked elegant.
43. Some ants just don't get warm. They're coolants.
44. I met the cleverest ant in the world once. He was brilliant.
45. I once saw an ant with the legs of a frog. I've never seen an antphibian before.
46. My mum told me ants are tiny, she's clearly never seen an elephant.
47. I once knew an ant with five pairs of eyes sticking out of his head. He went by the name Ant-ten-eye.
48. Ants look silly with big hair. It's too bouffant.
49. I met an ant the size of an elephant once. He was a giant.
50. I met a 100 year old ant who could live forever. He is a perman-ant.
At Kidadl we pride ourselves on offering families original ideas to make the most of time spent together at home or out and about, wherever you are in the world. We strive to recommend the very best things, that are suggested by our community and are things we would do ourselves - our aim is to be the trusted friend to parents.
We try our very best, but cannot guarantee perfection. We will always aim to give you accurate information at the date of publication - however, information does change, so it's important you do your own research, double-check and make the decision that is right for your family.
Kidadl provides inspiration for everything from family days out to online classes, arts, crafts and science experiments. We recognise that not all activities and ideas are appropriate and suitable for all children and families or in all circumstances. Our recommended activities are based on age but these are a guide. We recommend that these ideas are used as inspiration, that ideas are undertaken with appropriate adult supervision, and that each adult uses their own discretion and knowledge of their children to consider the safety and suitability.
Kidadl cannot accept liability for the execution of these ideas, and parental supervision is advised at all times, as safety is paramount. Anyone using the information provided by Kidadl does so at their own risk and we can not accept liability if things go wrong.
Kidadl is supported by you, the users. When you buy through the links on our site we may earn a commission. As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
All prices and product availability were correct at the time of publication.
We also link to other websites, but are not responsible for their content.